Philips 6-Outlet Surge Protector 2-Pack

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Philips 6-Outlet Surge Protector 2-Pack
$9.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:

• 2 Philips SPP3060B/17 Surge Protector: 6-Outlet, Removable Cover, 1000 Joules, $100k Equipment Wty

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Product Website

Kinda missing the power-squids.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SPP3060B-17-Electronics-Protector/product-reviews/B003GSLFMK/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

3.5 starts on Amazon.

It’s for small appliances only!

froogled

the way this is designed, it looks like it will block both wall outlets

I bought one of these 2 weeks ago, power went out and my computer was saved from surge :smiley:

Here’s the manual

Please Woot, don’t put me on probation for my town whuppin Texas’ azz… Woot…!

Fear the beard.

Good thing I read the whole description! I was in for three until I read “not for use in nuclear facilities” With all the budget cuts at work I thought I would go the extra mile to protect our energy. Oh well.

that doesn’t sound like a surge.

this isnt very many joules.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is any chance this helps eliminate ground loop?

I just got a nice Line 6 POD Studio UX1 for my guitar, but when my laptop is connected to the power socket, I get a bad ground loop hum. Trying to find a way to solve that problem without dishing out $70.

Thanks!

Yes, it does look that way, doesn’t it. Can’t see giving up two outlets for six?

Three critical things to note:

1. You must use a 3-prong outlet for this.
  2. Because of the screw, it will not fit on outlets that have a reset button or outlets that do not have a center screw.
  3. This is NOT intended for sensitive items like TVs and Computers. It is great for printers, radios, etc.

I was wondering who at a nuclear facility buys stuff off woot.com for the facility to necessitate this warning.

It appears designed to turn two outlets into six, like the similar non-surge outlet multipliers I have in my kitchen. This design is preferable if you want a nice compact solution that leaves counter space free. If you want to leave both outlets available for expansion, you can certainly plug in two power strips and nail the strips to the wall or under cabinet, but the resulting mess of strips and cables looks like snakes on a plane.

I was going to correct you (and Woot), because small appliances aren’t usually connected to surge protectors, but it turns out you are right. This is one of the dumbest products I’ve seen - no wonder it ended up remaindered on Woot! Most small appliances are fairly resistant to surges anyway; it’s the electronics like computers, video recorders, TVs, etc that really need to be protected. So this is a product with such limited use that there is no reason whatsoever - including price - to buy this instead of a higher-rated unit. Unless you really love your clock radio and table fan, don’t bother with this.

In for zero.

I screwed up and bought a set! Lets see, who could use this for Christmas?