Philips 80 Watt Power Inverter – 2 Pack

for the blinds…

http://s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/wootsaleimages/Philips_80_Watt_Power_Inverter_–_2_Pack4ewStandard.jpg

If you keep the cars close together and have an extension cord do you get 160 W?

80 watts is nowhere near enough for a tv

Oh Boy! Waffles while I drive!

Some Philips info on the product

Yes!! Now I can finally shave while I drive! I’ll save all sorts of time in the mornings.

Help! I cant see the picture!!!

My laptop is a power hungry beast requiring 131.32 watts of power. This doesn’t even come close. It might power a Gamecube or something cute like that.

I like the heat map Woot shows now. I expect funny trends with some products.

w00t for broken links

Hmm If I didnt already have several 95 watt inverters and a 550-1100 peak inverter Id be all over these. Hmm these would be pretty great gifts though. Ill sleep on it

You can’t “sum” the power of each one because the inverters are not synchronized.
Never attempt to connect the output of two inverters to each other. Never.

Unless you want to be featured in the next episode of Happy Tree Friends.

deep fried corn dogs on the way to work!

fry daddy!

Be very careful wooters… I bought a Power Inverter from Radio Shlock… checked the Wattage, voltage, everything very carefully - to run my mini-laptop. First time out, it blew out the fuse in the car - fortunately cheap and easy to replace. Tried a replacement product, fried itself. Got a refund and bought a REAL inverter from Kensington … 120W 15Amp - works beautifully, even though it did cost around $30 - at least nothing else is fried.

So - The warning here is to very carefully check wattage and amps needed for whatever you plan to use it for. It’s really cool being able to have an actual “plug” type outlet in your vehicle.

And - NO - it won’t work on a plane :slight_smile:

If you put the two in series, you could get 220volts@160watts! That could power your laptop and then some!

LCD tv’s use .25 to .30 watts per square inch

PlayStation 3: 197 watts
Xbox360: 187 watts
Average PC: 78 watts
Wii: 19 watts

I got a pair similar to these 9 months ago except they were made by samsung (they look exactly the same). They kick ass for the price, no problems as of yet. Did a decent job with powering the laptop too!

Im in for two more of these…now if only these could charge my car battery…??? :slight_smile:

will these power a ps2?

LOL :smiley: nice idea.

I’m in for a set… Now I can use my laptop on long drives while the kids play video games. (Forward and Rear outlets).

Unfortunately car electrical systems don’t quite work that way.