Philips 80 Watt Power Inverter

No to cell phone with a transformer charger.

Not all cell phones have a transformer charger. Some do.

if it is over .79 A . then no

will power mine… I got a Dell Inspiron E1505 and it just needs 65 watts. I bought one

i have a 300 watt power inverter
it will run:
-air pump
-boom box
-charge ipod cell phone
-it claims up to a 20 inch Tv
-the Christmas lights on my roof rack
will not work with:
-any kitchen appliance (george forman grills run at about 1000 watts sorry guys)
-a PC
-anything that has any real power draw to speak of

I would be quck to note the placement of the fuse at the top of the sleek casing. That’s some serious easy access that you’re sure to enjoy (as you attemply to plug that blow-dryer and blender into the adapter)!

ThingFLing has a 800W power inverter for $25, free shipping…

Most importantly, yours will power my blender!..

Our Dell’s use 65 watt.

In for three. Maybe they’ll charge the kid’s DS.

If I get 3 can I hook them together and get 240 watts? 450 peak?

:slight_smile:

A laptop with a run down battery; YES if you do not turn on the computer.
A laptop with a charged battery; YES with the computer turned on.

This thing cannot charge the battery AND run the PC, but if you plug in for a while and charge the battery, having the PC turned on/booted up should be no problem.

This is going to work great with my toaster. I am going to save about 10 min. each morning by making my breakfast right in the car.

Actually…although it depends on the laptop, I’m sitting here on my Dell Inspiron 600m, and it uses a 65watt charger. You can buy a 90watt one, but they came standard with a 65watt one. So actually YES, it may charge your laptop, but check your charger FIRST.

Link link link link, link link link? Link link link! Link link link, link link link, link link link link.

inverting power is the new craze… allegedly… and this thing is so low priced… i don’t know what we’ve got to lose… comparison shopping links… they’re all there too… incase.

thingfling.com

That one hooks up to a 12v battery!

Yes, This will power many laptops. Unless you have a big beast of a laptop like the Dell XPS or something like that, you should be fine. This will power a MacBook, as well as many other laptops. If you are not sure about what your laptop acually draws then you should pick up a power meter like the Kill-A-Watt. Just because an adapter is rated at a certain wattage, does not mean it will draw that full amount. The Kil-A-Watt device will tell you what it’s using. You should take your reading with the laptop on, charging the battery, and running an application that uses a good amount of resources. This will give you a good idea of what your max power consumption is.

Actually my regular toaster uses about 950W, so you won’t be able to power anything.

I had some fun with the aforementioned Kill-A-Watt: Fun With The Kill-A-Watt « Artem Russakovskii's programming and technology blog

Here’s an excerpt:
Dell 90W laptop charger

* no laptop, LED on: 0W
* laptop on, screen on, already charged: 33W
* laptop on, screen off, charging: 74W
* laptop on, screen on, charging: 85W

Famous last words.

I guess you could plug this into your cigarette lighter, connect you battery charger to it, and charge the battery in you car when it wont start as well. Right?