Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR Over-Ear Headphones (Open Box)

Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR Over-Ear Headphones (Open Box)

So far I am pleasantly surprised by these. I expected them to be extremely flat, but there is some color and bass for those that desire it. A lot more bass than expected actually. They have probably the most authentic sound I’ve heard in a while from headphones. These are likely not for casual street use nor close public spaces with the open-back design. They are not noise-cancelling and not advertised as such. There are a few videos on YouTube where you can test them and they held up well. If you’re a beginner audiophile these may be a great set for you, especially for the cost. I used these directly into a laptop and haven’t plugged them into an amp or DAC yet but I’m sure they will only get better. Not really needed with these. Overall good and comfortable headset, but could get heavy after long use.

Cons:

• Mine came looking like someone lost a lot of hair or they rolled it in a cat bed. I almost returned immediately. Reluctantly, I was able to clean and disinfect them. Luckily the ear pieces come off.
  • Some songs will give you fatigue. Some female vocals or harsh sibilance will need to be filtered out. These are high frequency beasts so be aware of this.
  • If you’re looking for overwhelming bass, this is not that headset.
  • They could get heavy after a while, but lying back in your chair or couch you will be good for hours.