Philips Blu-Ray Player w/BD Live

Imagine if you will a site, where goods are offered for sale at discount prices.

We have managed to travel back in time, to approximately 12 hours ago.

You have entered… the Woot zone

BD Live is online features associated with the movie, like webcasts by the producers, online chats, etc.

Same price on buy.com (Rakuten: Online & In-Store Cash Back | Shop 3,500 Stores!) plus free shipping…I’ll pass.

No it does not support Netflix. Checken Phillips for more information.

Pretty good reviews at Amazon
Decent price too.
I’m tempted but alas, it’s not in my budget.

http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/bluray/bdlive.html

BD Live sounds like an independent service from Sony.

Not Netflix. BD Live is basically a portal that some blu-ray discs have to access online content using your internet connected blu-ray player. Previews, etc. It’s slow and generally not worth the long wait to view the content. I miss HD DVD :frowning:

No Netflix? No thanks

This is not the (exact) same one as this morning. This morning was Philips BDP5012/F7 Blu-Ray Player w/BD Live & DIVX.

Media of some sort will remain common until Internet performance increases, both in raw bandwidth and in lag.

Just imagine the nightmares trying to stream Netflix at 1920x1080 60fps and uncompressed audio…

I just LOLd IRL whilst drinking coffee. Hopefully the next item is a nice new monitor!

I have this. It’s functional. It’s not compatible with heat! Stacking other components atop this caused several malfunctions. CS Rep recommended not stacking and the problems cleared. Neither high-end nor steaming pile. We use it as our third string player for when we send the kids and their friends to watch something. Or, if you have a cabin or vacation house, I’d recommend it for that kind of use rather than your primary player. (Unit is a bit slow so be patient…)

I came in here to make the same comment. Blows my mind when I open my junk drawer and see all those useless yellow ended RCA cables.

They’re only saving a few pennies, but damn, even cheap-ass Verizon gives me HDMI cables for my HiDef cable boxes…

Then they need to add Closed Captioning to streams NOW! Movie theatres aren’t CC, so if it all goes digital streaming, Millions will be left out.

No BDLive is not netflix it’s "extras"that are downloadable by the bluray player. It’s nothing that you should purchase the unit for. It’s usually very lame stuff.

BD is summed up here- http://www.whatisbdlive.com/

Can pretty people work for woot??
-Jen

I don’t have a Blu-Ray Player yet - I do Netflix streaming through my Wii. Do I need a Blu-Ray player and what basic requirements am I looking for?

MKV compatible?

Roku’s were two days ago. =(