Philips Digital FM Transmitter

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Philips Digital FM Transmitter
$5.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product(s): 1 Philips SJM2306/27 Digital FM Transmitter

I have one of these. They’re ok. The reception is so so. It hasn’t broken in about a year and a half.

the connector doesn’t look like it works with the iphone.

got one of these here at woot and it’s never worked.

Does anyone know how this compares to the similar I-River? Is the reception just as shoddy?

If I still listened to the radio, I’d be in for one. But radio is radio, so… No.

will this work with my ipod mini?

… but almost all the new ones have a 3.5mm jack for your iPod/MP3 player already. Kinda defeats the purpose.

One woot = one buggy whip!

I would prefer one that can charge and transmit at the same time but for the price this may not be a bad Woot.

uh, this isn’t for listening to the radio. It makes your useless radio do something useful. Sort of.

Anyone know if this is from the same OEM as the Kensington transmitter? They sure look alike. If that’s the case, then this is a great deal. I have the Kensington, and it works spectacularly. Great for traveling when you’re driving a rental car in an unfamiliar city.

Too bad it needs the 12V car adapter, which I need to charge my laptop…would be neat if they could fit batteries into the adapter, sorry woot

it’s a regular headphone jack, so it works with almost every MP3 player, no matter how old.

What are you talking about? It’s not the radio.

Kensington makes the best transmitters…pass.

Specs on Philips website:

http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/en/us/consumer/cc/_productid_SJM2306_27_US_CONSUMER/Digital-FM-transmitter+SJM2306-27

As opposed to driving a rental car in a familiar city?

Range of signal?

Live slow, die fat, old, and happy

I’m in for two