Philips Digital FM Transmitter

ever think about using woots 90 day warranty??? your fault, not woots…

I have the same version of this transmitter that is made for iPod and packaged by Kensington. It works EXCELLENT and is very high quality compared to other transmitters. With the full spectrum available, you can always find a station that is clear, and in my experience, this thing rarely interferes with anything.

Although I have one made by Kensington with an iPod plug on it, I can 100% assure you it is the same transmitter.

This looks almost identical to the iRiver transmitter(cept for the color) that woot had sometime back as a 2 pack. It works alright work better in radio-quiet areas. I also found taking off the car’s antenna makes the transmitter work better because then you won’t have to struggle as hard to get a clear station as FM works by tuning to the highest signal station it finds on the frequency its tuned to(more or less) so if you take the antenna off the radio signals will goto nil while the car radio will tune in the now “stronger” signal from the transmitter with little interference. Of course if you car as a non removable antenna then you are pretty much screwed but many older cars with non retractable antennas the antenna will just unscrew.

Yes, I have the same one and it is the same exact transmitter.

I had one of these, but it got lodged in pet monkey’s throat and killed him. No more nookie for me.

hmm if you could pick any frequency… you could have some fun with this… set it to a popular station and mess with other drivers on your way to work. hook it up to a microphone and make your own “personal message” to other drivers… that is if they are listening to that station…

wonder what the range is…

Looks like the i-river units i wooted some time ago. They work fine. Good for new Sansas!

Dunno about this, but my iRiver transmitter works well most of the time.

AAAAAAAAHHHHH! Have too many of these! Bought two similar items during the last woot-off and they actually have a themometer which only registers in Celsius!

Thankfully, I live within 20 minutes of Canada!

Now, if I can just use one for the transmitters for my new pirate radio station! I would LOVE to get even with the CRTC (Canadian version of the FCC) for putting FM frequencies on top of our (U.S.) stations! Bat rastards!!!

I have never found an FM transmitter that was worth a damn. You will end up converting digital quality music to the quality of a weak FM radio station (plenty of static). As you drive, you may find that you have to change your frequency due to a more powerful radio station bleeding over. I have tried $8 - $80 FM transmitters. Take a pass…

I got this tuner and it was excellent! I bought it from Amazon.com, and it didnt have any of the problems my friends told me they had with theirs. When i plugged this into my ipod, it produced a sharp, quality sound, and had a strong enough signal that it could even play over a broadcasting radio station.

It has many different frequencies. so, can set it to cleared quality. work with car plug so, no need for batteries. Also has display with backlight.

I plug my Zune into my car’s aux input via a cord. So, no thanks.
Here is the instruction manual with power figures:

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/s/sjm2306_10/sjm2306_10_pss_aen.pdf

how long would someone expect this to last?

­

Sorry buddy, it IS a Kensington transmitter… or rather this one and Kensington’s are made by someone else, because they’re exactly the same.

This will work with your Zune, Ipod etc… if you can plug headphones into it, this works with it too! It simply sends your MP3 music to your radio. P.S. if you currently have one and are having signal loss the best solution is to buy a headphone extension wire. it’s a much more easy fix than hacking for more power and the extra cord acts as a larger antenna for the transmitter. Really a good woot. I wanted a zune charger/ transmitter but I now accept it isn’t coming. : (

My first woot.

I put myself down for two, it’s handy when friends have an iPod and my friend in Florida just brought one that was crap for $20 which promptly returned, hopefully woot will save the day.

simple trip to radio shack for a dual or tri adapter for cheap(under 10 bucks) that plugs into your cig lighter for 2 or 3 female sockets makes that problem easy to solve. Also as I have not used this one but have 3 different brands I use of FM transmitters I have to say i love them. You only get radio quality sound but are easy to use and lets you play any device with a standard headphone jack through car radio even if older model. For those that remember cassette adapters to play cd players in cars these are much superior.

This does look suspiciously like the Kensington Universal FM Transmitter for MP3 Players. I bought one of those from buy.com and it was defective. Went through numerous messages with Kensington and they sent me a replacement. That one was also defective. Finally invoked their money-back guarantee and I’m waiting for reimbursement from Kensington.