Philips DRL 2.8 LED Daytime Running Light Kit

**Item: **Philips DRL 2.8 LED Daytime Running Light Kit
Price: $99.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Philips DRL 2.8 LED Daytime Running Light Kit)

[Search Google](Google DRL 2.8 LED Daytime Running Light Kit)

Check those specs … ???

Specifications

Weight: 75.2 pounds
Uses: Indoors and Outdoors
Dimensions: 24" L x 24" W x 50"H

Very good reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) over at amazon

Let’s watch a video [youtube=A7-4yseE3Cw][/youtube]

And even better, the one on amazon is only 9.6 x 7.8 x 3.2 inches and ships at 2 pounds, instead of 2ft x 2ft x 4ft at over 75 pounds.

I’m checking on the specs, thanks for pointing it out!

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-12820WLEDX1-DayLight-Powered-Daytime/dp/B005DX6BRK/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

is this the same one?

After only 53 simple steps, you too can make your car look like shit and blind people at night.

I’m sure you mean running boards.

These are DRL, which if hooked up correctly with their relays, would not stay on when your main lights are running.

Alternately, I can simply turn on my headlights and save a hundred goddamn dollars plus the hassle of installing this.

Powerful bright white light, while maximizing energy consumption

Anything that consumes as much energy as possible can’t be all bad!

Seriously? These things are 24 x 24 x 50 and weigh 75 pounds? And you hold all that in place with a couple of self tapping screws?

Or you could just not be a safety freak and not have DRLs in the first place.
Though I will note that actual DRLs are not the equivalent of running with your headlights on all the time. DRLs use your High Beam but at half wattage (in series vs. parallel, or vice versa, I forget at the moment,) so they project way down the road but not dazzlingly bright.

A light on Woot with no specs on power in or light output?

For $150 I could get DRL’s for my car that fit inside the headlights (Audi style) and look really cool.

Why would I want these eyesores?

And zip ties!!!

Wow, this is such a great tool! It totally would be perfect on my Garden. We need more automotive themed woots on TOOL AND FREAKING GARDEN WOOT!

Will these work inside the car for when I am working on something at night?