Philips DVDR3390 DVD Recorder

I’m glad woot pointed out that this will no longer work after February 17th 2009. I think I will wait until after that date to buy any TV products. I have a DVD recorder and am unsure of wither or not the tuner is NTSC or ATSC.

Well, this might work after that date if you buy one of those converter boxes, or if your cable/satellite provider’s box will hook up to this thing and provide an analog signal.

We currently own this exact model and we bought it refurbished off of overstock.com (for a lot more money) and have had a few problems with it. We have had problems with it recording items off of the TV. Sometimes it would record and other times it would not. If you buy this do it with caution. I would not buy this as my main dvd recorder.

darn, i already have my hd recorder

I had EXACTLY the same problem. One of my woot-off purchases never arrived. I go to Woot and get the tracking #. Tracking claims they tried to deliver and left a notice. B.S.–I never got any notice. So I end up having to go to work late to get to the Post Office and pick up the box.

Please, Woot, stop using “SmartPost”.

disappointing.
hohum reviews, many people with serious problems, ntsc tuner will be obsolete soon… gotta pass

Im loving the item description more than the item itself.

If it was region free, I’d buy it for a player.

It does support PAL playback though.

Avi=divx so yep, you are good to go.

Thank You

“u really should have told people that…”

Correction:

“u really should of told people that…”

Nice and cheap… I’ve been looking to get one of these since my VCR ate a tape and I killed it. Don’t see how it can get much cheaper than this! And on the plus side, if it doesn’t work out, I can make this suffer as much as my VCR did.

I HATE non-obedient electronics!

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/8546/computer.gif

CONSUMER ALERT: This television receiver has only an analog broadcast tuner and will require a converter box after February 17, 2009 to receive over-the-air broadcasts with an antenna because of the U.S.'s transition to digital broadcasting. Analog-only TVs should continue to work as before with cable and satellite TV services, gaming consoles, VCRs, DVD players, and similar products. For more information, call the Federal Communications Commission at 1-888-225-5322 (TTY: 1-888-835-5322), or visit the commission’s digital-television Web site at: www.dtv.gov.

This the above is not 100% true!
Verizon is dropping analog signals on their FIOS systems starting now.

Also interesting:

Glad at least one person listened!!

This old technology. No HD, no Blue-Ray support. NTSC will be obsolete February 17, 2009 without a digital tuner (not included).

I really don’t think this is a good investment for the future at any price…as this market is in a big transition stage today. Just wait until all the dust settles before you make a purchase on these type of machines.

Progressive scan = ok. No HDMI = not ok.

cable will not change. The only t hing affected next year is broadcast received via antenna. I bought this as a cheap way to get movies and shows OFF my DVR which is approaching capacity.

I wooted and it feels good. I’ve been looking for a way to record from my VHS tapes to DVD. I have my separate VCR and it sounds like this has the RCA video and audio inputs in the front, so… woot!

WHY WOULD ANYONE BUY THIS ?? ITS TUNER IS NTSC…IT WONT EVEN PICK UP THE HD BROADCASTS THAT ARE ON THE AIR NOW… you have less than a year to use this before it becomes useless, even its low definition recording ability ends next february…is anyone stupid enough to buy tihis?

great description once again, definitely reminds me of some people i know. if i had the need for this right now i would get it just to pay tribute