Philips GoGear 2GB MP3 Player w/ FM Tuner

Yikes - got me one of those things. It’s broken twice and the last time it went in for repairs it came back with a broken backlight. Throughout the ordeal Phillips provided me with some of the worst customer service I’ve dealt with.

Fuggetabout it.

refurb???

this link shows a color display but the main woot page is black and white? so im guessing its a different product.

Been looking for an mp3 player actually. With the small size I would’ve liked it to have been flash, obviously, but for $50 I’m not gonna complain.

Does anyone have a clue of what comes in the box???

Aside from the player and the battery charger…

Maybe an armband, a case, whatever???

They don’t mention anything on the description, and for me, that is what would make me decide whether to purchase or not…

Beware, this isn’t too Vista friendly. It does not currently work correctly with Windows Media Player 11 (which is the version in Vista), so if you have WMP 11, either downgrade again or find something else to use. (Firmware upgrade is supposedly coming soon)

And, beware the refurb.

or dual boot to Win 2K/XP, can be done

Does this sucker have any sort of memory slot to increase the capacity? SD or something? 2 GB is a bit small…

Yeh, makes me wonder if it will take a HD upgrade like the one inside that usb 8gb woot from a couple days ago. It does have a 16mb buffer which means the HD would only spin up once per song…possibly once for two songs.

Bleh. 2 GB…Philips…reflubbed…ugly…next…

That’s not the right one, can’t seem to find this model anywhere. I’m looking for a cheap mp3 player with FM, any others better than this?

Good to know I’m not the only one with this general malaise… oh well, off to another website… =) I’ll let someone who still loves woot buy up everything…

I don’t even want a BOC anymore. Very sad. Maybe woot will spark my interest again soon. :wink:

Agree! Philips primarly markets to the low end consumer market in the US such as Walmart, K-Mart, etc. Besides, the FM tuner function is only a $2 chip that’s added in. If one wants a radio then buy a radio, If one wants a MP3 player then buy one without all the excess baggage.

Yeah…w00t what’s wrong with you? Why don’t you just give awesome S#@% away everyday, the fact that we have to pay is rediculous and obsurd. Why don’t you guys sell ipods for $50 and Mac notebooks for $100. I would def be in for 3! You guys should have nothing but the coolest stuff every day or i’m gonna cry like a little girl who has to go potty.

Everything seems to be refurbished most of the time? I was around for most of the woot-off and check this site religiously at 1AM every day, lately I would say over 75% of their stuff has been new. Sure not everybody is gonna buy everything everyday, that’s what makes woot fun. You buy stuff you need for a good price if the time is right, and you buy tuns of fun junk that you never thought you needed until you saw it on woot and said, “my god I can’t live without that.”

So by all means…stop wooting, but I know and everyone else knows, you’re just gonna come crawling back.

Look for an IRiver. I think the model name is T10. Mine is a 512mb w/ FM tuner. I think it might go up to 1GB

why is it that all the mp3 players with a FM tuner wont let me listen to my AM stations…Yes I know the sound quality isnt as good but I like my local AM stations

This is cheaper than a 2GB USB drive without mp3 & fm capability! Good Woot.

Still holding out for an Ipod 30gb.I doubt I’ll ever see one here but, still holding out.

good price but this looks like junk. HD instead of flash? and 10 hour battery life is particularly bad. Meh, pass. I just got the samsung yp-u2 on sale from circuit city for 59.99 way cooler than this even though its only a gig memory, go buy that instead of this, on sale til the 10th i believe

Because AM radio circuitry takes up more real estate than FM. AM radios need a bulky antenna package that won’t fit well inside these new Mp3 players.