Philips goLITE BLU Energy Light

Does this light also enhance Alpha abilities?

Check out this 4 star review from Best Buy
Product Page with more info and reviews

TONS of solid reviews (4.2 out of 5.0) over at amazon

Let’s watch this in action [youtube=6y0GlYmlG6c][/youtube]

…for when going outside is simply too troublesome, you can look at this nice, tiny, simulated patch of sky. Just don’t look into the sun, and remember young Icarus, don’t fly too close!

Full Spectrum lights are amazing at treating Seasonal Affective Disorder. I was lucky enough to work where they did some research on this in the late 80’s.

The thing to remember is that the distance from the light must be exact: light power decreases very rapidly as you get further away (the square of the radius, i believe), so it probably pays to re-read the book every once in a while to make sure you are getting effectively treated.

Also, replacing the bulbs per the manufacturer’s directions is important, too.

Here’s to feeling better!!!

(I expect to see these sell mostly in the NE)

So, do I need to wear my Blu-Blocker sunglasses from the 1980s to nullify the effects so I dont turn into The Blue Raja superhero?

Have one of these and it works wonderfully! Spent about $110 on Amazon for it.

Ugh, I hate January. It’s dark and freezing and everyone’s wearing bulky coats, so you can do some serious subway flirting before you realize the guy is homeless.

I actually own one of these. I got it to adjust my sleep/wake cycle. It actually does work. you can basically put it on your desk or table and it shines up into receptors on the top of your eyes. it did help reset my day/night wake cycles so i could wake up earlier and feel less groggy. it’s meant to be used when you first wake up. i adjusted the length of use (about 10 min) and the time after I got up. one thing though, it is more effective if you use it regularly at the same time, not intermittently. it also has an alarm and a battery as well as power cord so you can have it on your bedside night stand. the alarm will chime if you set it to and will turn on the light at the time you set. (so you can travel with it).

probably. i learned the hard way and when i first got one used it in the afternoon. no sleep that night…

…these are leds…so they don’t break and don’t burn out…they do specify a distance but it’s not super critical…these things are really noticeable…so i think you’ll know if your in range or not…

Am I the only one that thinks these things are a little gimmicky?

Yes.

I hear ya on the noticeable part. Ideally you placebo control and “blind” your studies, but, heck, people know pretty quickly if they are actually sitting in front of a giant light.

(and the reason I posted that above is people will think it’s not working anymore, when it may be the box or the distance.)

What pisses me off is that we have this reputation for rain. The truth is, if anyone would take 10 seconds and do some research on annual rainfall totals, Seattle at less than 40 annual inches is well below a large, large portion of the country.

/Seattlite
//stay away, it’s beautiful here

Thanks, Liz Lemon. :wink:

Stop telling everyone! I want Seattle to be just the way it is in a few years when I retire back there from New York City! We get much more rain here in NYC than Seattle, but as I explain to people here, what we get in a 30 minute thunderstorm takes 3 days to fall in Seattle, where you can forget what the Sun looks like!