Philips goLITE BLU Energy Light

I have a light therapy device and it really works IF you have seasonal affective disorder. Anyone know what they are talking about with Bluewave technology. Never heard of blue light.

we have to say the Philips goLITE BLU Energy Light IS actually easy to understand. It sends out waves and/or particles in a wide field of illumination

Well which is it, waves or particles??? you can’t expect me to believe that it’s sending out both at the same time!!!

That’s hogwash

You need to get in better touch with your geeky side. The dual nature of light is a fundamental principle in quantum mechanics: Wave–particle duality - Wikipedia

Have you never been to K-Mart?

Not recommended for people who have had cataract surgery fyi.

should be more effective in the wintertime when these wavelengths are more scarce outside…we’ve just recently entered into the “UV winter” in the Northeast.

This is exactually why I keep Woot in my life, the knowledge base is vast and wide.I learn so much, may come in handy if I every get picked to play jeopardy or millionaire.

Our age is showing.

http://www.biofuelsdigest.com/biobased/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/bluelight.gif

The recommendation is at least 10,000 LUX. Which is a measure of lumens over an area. A 100 watt bulb puts out about 1600 lumens of light. I you were to focus all of that light at one square meter of space (about as much space as a 42 inch round table) there would be 1600 LUX illuminating that space. So you’d need about 6 100 watt light bulbs behind a 1 meter panel to get to the levels needed. Then you’d need to sit close enough too the panel that it was pretty much all you could see.

To compare, direct bright sunlight is over 100,000 lux and indirect sunlight under a blue sky is about 20,000 lux.

Even a small lamp can be bright enough if you have it close enough to your face. I couldn’t tell you much about color. I personally seem to get better results with full spectrum light, but that could just be a placebo affect.

I remember ** rushing ** across the store as a kid to the blue light kiosk just grab what ever it was then see if parents would buy it for me if i liked it :slight_smile:

I live in rainy, wet, cold, cloudy Western Washington.

I really don’t know what all the ‘blue-bulb’ thing is about.

If I get sad, bored or whatever, I must not be keeping busy enough! Staring at some stupid blue light bulb sure ain’t gonna help!

Put a coat on, go out and do some chores and get some work done. You won’t have time to sit around and whine about needing a blue light bulb to stare at.

Just my opinion.

The research on SAD generally involves a 10,000 lux lightbox with fluorescent tubes. I have not found anything on little blue LEDs. Certainly it’s a whole lot more compact.

So if I buy this for my fiancee and it doesn’t work for her or she hates it, will Phillips honor the “45 day money back guarantee” that’s listed on the Amazon page for this same model? From what I understand, woot won’t even take it back unless it’s clearly broken.

Thank you! That was most informative.