Philips Home Theater

Just received the tv. Mine was SMASHED too. Sent an email to woot support. Grrrr. !@#$%^&*()

Based on the frequency of the problem with this particular set, I am suspect of the quality of the packaging.

I’m sorry for the trouble. Does it seem like it was the factory packaging or shipping packaging that was the issue? I’d suggest taking advantage of the warranty. Please feel free to email Woot Member Services if you need further assistance along the way; be sure to include your user name and order number so they can find your info more quickly. support@woot.com

Yes, I emailed them. They’re off for the weekend, apparently, but I expect to be contacted pretty early Monday (ahem).

As for the question further down on whether it was the shipping packaging or the product packaging that seemed inadequate - there was no shipping packaging. It was sent just in the Phillips TV retail box which was totally inadequate for shipping.

Also, it was clearly visible as a 39" Philips TV in case I had wanted to brag about it to my neighbors had the TV shown up in Friday when I wasn’t home and sat on my porch unattended all day.

Of course, had someone snagged it, joke’s on them, right?

Jeez, that’s definitely not a good experience. Again, I’m sorry that happened. Keep us updated on how things are resolved!

I would have to agree the packaging was lacking greatly. When I opened the box the soundbar had one piece of Styrofoam attached the other had fallen off and the bar was perched on the sub like a teeter totter moving around pretty freely.

Philips is very sorry to hear about your packaging issues. Please be assured that Philips will stand behind the product. If you still have the damaged TV in your possession, please contact the call center at 1-866-309-5962 to arrange for a replacement. Corrective action is being taken to improve the packaging for all future shipments.

Hi, I just got the soundbar today and the packaging was just as bad. It was sitting in a large box with the styrofoam pieces that usually surrounding the corners of an item literally thrown on top.

Also the optical/digital inputs don’t work. I tried to attach it to both a TV and a DVD player. Nada. I didn’t try RCA, but its right next to the other two - so my guess is that if the other two don’t work, RCA won’t either. Maybe its something wrong with that connection. Because the 3.5 mm jack works fine.

The soundbar also makes an intermittent grinding sound. I have NO idea what that is about.
But its obvious it has to be returned. What do I do now? Do I call the same 1-800 number below?

Thanks

The phone number I got with an online chat rep is 866-309-0866

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Another busted TV here. To their credit Philips Support has been pretty responsive and are working to get a replacement sent out.

Looks like the TV is out of stock at Woot. Since I (logically) refused the package, that’s who would be dealing with replacing or refunding. Since it’s out of stock, refund it is.

Probably a better option than trying to play roulette with another TV.

Got my soundbar/subwoofer yesterday. The packaging inside the box was a mess, both pieces freely moving around, various styrofoam pieces appear to have fallen out of place (maybe, just a mess). The unit seems to work with the analog audio - I’m going to hook up both the digital inputs to ensure they are operational, as this is what I intend to eventually use.

I basically saved $25 over a new unit - hope I made the right choice.

That’s exactly what mine looked liked. I like the soundbar, the size and sound (when using the 3.5mm jack.) But I’m wondering if I should just try to get a refund and not deal with this. I’m sorry I bought a woot refurb now. I just don’t like hassles.

The tv was inadequately packaged.

I emailed the problem to Woot support on Saturday and received a reply on Tuesday, advising me to call FedEx and get a damage call tag and arrange pickup. My account would be credited upon receipt at Woot.

FedEx gave me a 12 HOUR window for the pickup! No kidding… 8am to 8pm! Then they said that pickups are generally in the morning, so I thought that would not be so bad. It is now 6pm, and FedEx has not showed up. I just called them at 5:30pm, and they said it is still on the schedule.

I have little, to zero, confidence in FedEx (ground). I asked if I could take the tv to a FedEx retail location, but they said that the call tag had to come with a delivery person.

Here I am, after waiting for ten hours, wishing I had thrown the tv out the window. My day is gone. My dinner plans are shot.

Previous Woot purchases have been flawless. Both product and service-wise. This one has been unfortunate.

UPDATE: FedEx showed up at 8:01pm, after a full 12 hour wait. Grrrr… Better than not showing up at all, as I was beginning to expect.

Ugh. Just spoke with Philips customer service. They said I had to deal with Woot for a return.

I sent it in via the contact link here.

Thanks