Philips Hue White A19 Dimmable Bulbs 4-Pack

How do you refurbish light bulbs?

Serious question. What makes these refurbished?

From the features: This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box.

Woot staff: Yoh should update the description as it talks about " 50 thousand shades of white"

These bulbs only produce one color, 2700K soft white. They are still dimmable though.

That’s direct from the Philips marketing talking heads. :slight_smile:

Even though it’s only $12 less than new from the mothership, it’s somehow much more palatable when you’re paying less than $10 per bulb.

Also, regarding the refurbishing – I bought a “broken” color bulb on eBay about a year ago for $10, and it’s still going strong. It was “broken” in the sense that the glass bulb portion had been shattered, so it’s just this weird stump of a bulb with LEDs that shoot out colors. Works fine when you have a frosted cover though. I imagine these are just as good as new.

So are they the ones with controllable color temperature or not?

They sent you the ad copy for a different line of bulbs. These are the 2700K dimmable bulbs. They are the equivalent of a standard 60W soft white incandescent bulb.

The ad copy appears to be for Philips’ White Ambiance bulbs, which have a color range of 2200K to 6500K and are significantly more expensive per bulb in comparison to the 2700K model.

I agree. I’m sure these are the plain white bulbs, not the more expensive white ambiance ones, who do allow varying shades of white. It’s not a joke that different shades of white are available with the more expensive bulbs.

It’s only $4 less than the refurbs at Amazon.

Still, that’s a buck a bulb, and it brings them down to under $10.

Edit: do we get 5% on Woot purchases with an Amazon Rewards card?

If not, buying the refurbs from Amazon yields an extra 4%, or about $1.68, and I can get them delivered today instead of waiting two weeks.