Philips Norelco OneBlade Hybrid Trimmer & Shaver

Philips Norelco OneBlade Hybrid Trimmer & Shaver

just got one. wear a goatee. good for trimming, not so much for shaving

2 Likes

Agree with RochMH
Although I have a trimmed, full beard keeping it that way using this shaver is not really the best way to go. If I let it go too long using this shaver to trim is a major pain. I resort back to scissors.
Oh, replacement blades are about 22 bucks for a pair.

2 Likes

I agree with both the first 2 post. This trimmer works well for trimming and the small size makes it good for precision. You can use it to shave but it does not give a close shave like a razor. You will still feel stubble. Maybe not an issue if your beard is soft or grows slowly or you go for the 5 o’clock shadow look. The very fine teeth of the blade means it is not as easy for large hairs to fit in. So if the hair in your beard is thick, it might not be as easy to trim when it is long as with more open trimmers. The flip side of that is it is very unlikely to nick you.

3 Likes

Public Service Announcement: Even though the teeth of the blade are very closely spaced, if you don’t use one of the guards they can still give you a tiny nick on your coin purse if you are trying to groom up that area. Proceed with caution.

3 Likes

I agree with the 4 posts above me.

The battery lasts FOREVER, I have one for about two years and love it. I use it to trim my Italian hamburger meat that creeps up through my shirts, awesome for “gentle areas” also.

1 Like

I have one of these already and love it so much I’m getting a couple more so I can keep one in my travel kit.

It trims my beard about as long as it would be after 18ish hours of growth, but it’s faster than my usual electric razor. So I can let my beard grow and use this trimmer to get my face presentable very quickly. It’s close enough that if I’m not going to work, I can use this trimmer and it just looks like I shaved a few hours earlier. If I’m going to work, I use this trimmer and then follow it up with a very quick pass with my usual razor and I’m good to go.

Usually on my days off though, I just use this trimmer and you’d have to look pretty closely to see that I didn’t actually shave that day.

Target had these on sale around the holidays for $15…

Great razor…It is all I use…

Because I have very tough, thick beard hair like piano wire, I use one of these with no guard as a “pre-shave” to get down to barely visible stubble, then shave with a regular razor. It’s really helped, as otherwise my hair clogs the blades and pulls terribly if I try to shave anything over a couple of millimeters long, especially on my neck.