Philips Portable DVD Player w/9” Dual Screens

I know about messing with RCA extensions, but what is the length of the provide AV connector between screens? And what about the cigarette lighter cords?

I want to install one in the middle and back seats of my SUV and am trying to figure out what extensions might be needed (such as this).

No divx support; not buying.

Maybe a woot staffer could crack open a box and measure these for us eh?

If it’s anything like the 7" version, the cords are pretty long - I went between the second and third row of a mini-van. Not a lot of extra play to be able to route the cords nice and pretty, but it works! If you decide to extend it, you’ll likely have to do it with RCA cables as the 1/8" jack seems to be pinned strangely - I lost that cord and no replacement will work, even if I try swapping which RCA plugs I use for the audios or video.

[QUOTE=livelychick, post:18, topic:304444]
Because they don’t have a remote, I don’t recommend them. If you stop the car, the movie turns off and getting back to the place the kids were in the movie proves to be problematic with no remote. I have these, and am very disappointed because of this. (PS–universals won’t work, either…)[/quote

We have these exact ones for our 2 year old. All you have to do to save your spot is press stop on the DVD player before turning off.

Judging from the information provided by eBay sellers offering the same item, this DVD player is locked to region 1 (US/Canada). Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be any hack to make it region free (e.g. at videohelp.com) unlike for so many Philips DVD players.

The absence of a remote control makes it hard to try the hacks that work for other models of Philips players.

Well, this breaks the deal for me.

Just got mine in the mail this weekend and it is definitely not portable. It has to stay plugged in at all time to work.

It if comes up for sale again I would highly recommend looking for something different.