Philips Portable DVD Player w/9” LCD

Does it have a spindle lock and can the screen rotate 180 degrees? I want to hang it from the roof of the car so the kids leave me alone.
I didn’t say they were my kids either.

It will play when plugged in, it will not play and charge when plugged in, it will only charge when turned off.

Yeah I was googling it really quickly and was almost ready to say yes and it was gone. Guess it might of been for the best. Now buy these dvd players people :P.

Anyways so I have read about these glorious bags of crap, when shall they come around?

I’ve got this and the battery doesn’t hold a charge after a year of casual use. The battery is NOT replaceable.

I’ve never experienced this getting hot. My daughter uses it on long road trips.

I like it, especially since I scored it a few years ago for like $25 on a Black Friday deal.

this isn’t bad, maybe for a road trip or something but I have a laptop which plays movies and more and heats up less than this. Get a blueray drive from Newegg and now I have a portable blueray. I will wait for a better woot.

Thanks for clearing that up. That’s not such a bad restriction.

There’s usually at least a couple during a woot off. Good luck, though. The four times I’ve seen it on the page I’ve never been able to complete a purchase. Site always crashes…

My mom wants one, but I wouldn’t have the heart to buy her a refurb :frowning:

Does it also come with a magic glove that makes one’s fingers small enough to actually use that remote?

so the lolcatz begin

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/funny-pictures-cat-is-on-your-computer.jpg

Those of us over 50 thought this was funny.

EVERYTHING is replaceable, the question lies in technical ability and cost to replace or hack. This could be rigged to run on an old laptop battery

We have one of these. It is a basic no frills player but has worked well over the past nine months. The screen is adequate but will not “wow” anyone. Battery life is usually enough for one movie but it comes with a 12v adapter as well as the regular charger so can easily be used in the car or home.

One nice advantage of Phillips DVD players is that they can be set to play DVDs from any region. Makes it nice to play foreign language discs. Do a google search for instructions as it is an undocumented feature.

There is only ever one during a wootoff. I am not aware of there being multiple ones. They only last about 5 minutes before selling out, which may sound like alot but keep in mind that the site will be going so slowly it will take an average of 7! minutes to complete an order. You do the math, you have to get lucky.

You can get this thing to mount it…

95%x95%

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/funny-pictures-spoiled-cat-is-unimpressed-by-your-scenery.jpg[/img]

I snagged one just because it will play all those DivX movies I have purchased (I pay for the Internet, therefore I paid for the movies). It’s my defense and I’m sticking with it.

Ok the Bar has not MOVED in a while…might be time to go check email

yellow line go awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy