Philips Progressive Scan DVD Player/VCR Combo

That looks like it’s made in 1989…WTF?

The buttons on this thing look like they should be on a 1980’s VCR!

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Philips Progressive Scan DVD Player/VCR Combo
$39.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Refurbished
product(s): 1 Philips DVD740 DVD/VCR Combo

Could one make a robot with this?

wtf?! It JUST got on and now it’s sold out?! 50 units got sold in under 1 minute?! WHOA O_O

By the time the page refreshed. it was gone :o

For those that said this looked like something from the 80’s… Thats the selling point especially when you plan on giving it to some 80-90 year old grandparents who just figured out how to use their VCR from the 80’s. Nuff said

Retro is the new modern boys and girls.

I missed this item again…

not great, but I am in the market for one, and missed it on Woot twice now… I clicked confirm order, but it was too late

Just out of curiousity, would a w00ter get suspeneded for 24 hours for posting the forbidden phrase on a w00t that’s already dead?

I’ve often wondered about that.

HAHA! PAGE ONE!

It’s funnier if you’re me.

Help!!! I can’t get this DVD player to play any of my DVDs. I have tried purchased ones, my own recorded ones, and DVD Roms. Could this unit be from England(Region 2), or for Australia(Region 4).??? All my DVDs are for Region 1 (USA).

My order for the VCR/DVD from the Woot-off was cancelled. Did anyone else’s order get cancelled? I have no clue as to why.

My order got cancelled too. But I got an e-mail from WOOT yesterday stating:

I apologize if this is an inconvenience. Our system from time to time during Woot-Off’s allow extra pieces to be sold. At this time we are not able to fulfill your order. You were one of the last 10 that ordered. We have canceled the order (credit card was not charged, authorization should drop within 7 business days from the date of purchase). Again we do apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for joining us in the Woot-Off and we hope to see you in the next one.

Woot Customer Service

Well, I was supposed to get it today, but alas FedEx says the following:
6:22 PM
Delivery exception
WILLISTON, VT
Customer not available or business closed

6:22 PM
Delivery exception
WILLISTON, VT
No attempt made, delivery scheduled for next business day

How can they know if I’m not available if no attempt was made?

Funny, this is not a business and I definitely was not closed and was available. I guess the exception is they didn’t want to go up four flights of stairs. Maybe Monday. I’ll make sure to be available then too.

Bought two of these. One for me and one as a gift. Mine doesn’t work. Won’t play the DVDs. I’m afraid to give the other one as a gift. What is Woot gonna do about this. I see I am not the only one with this problem.