Philips VOX130 Lapel Style Bluetooth Earbud

Who in their right mind would want a BT headset w/ a CORD!!??
I don’t care that it’s CHEAP…

Exactly my point too…
Ridiculous…

I understand your point… and while I’m not a huge fan of wearing my self-contained Motorola (i actually leave it off until i get a call or get into my car…), I’d suggest all of us get used to it as i believe it’s where we’ll be for quite some time… and they will eventually get much smaller… just a matter of time!

I ride a motorbike and its the only type I can get in with my helmet, as my Motorola HS850 is too big.

Jesus… it’s just a matter of opinion folks. Some people have use for this type of device, others don’t. If you can’t see the uses for this in your particular situation, don’t buy it.

When I am on my road bike, near as I can tell I am always in my right mind. A bulky self-contained earset does not fit around my helmet strap. So this is the only solution, an earbud.

It’s not hard to imagine other scenarios where this earbud type device is preferable over a self-contained unit.

And this is wireless in that it eliminates the wire going from the earset to the phone. In other words, it’s not wired like the regular headsets, said wire restricting your movement to the length of the “cord” running to the cell phone or it otherwise being a hassle to work with a cable connected to the phone.

Well, I think I might be the last on this item. I got my order in as the new item for today was coming up in another browser. Hmmm, I wonder if there’s any chance I’ll get the 30GB Zen Vision M for the price of these cheapo earbuds in the cross traffic… Not my luck! I’d get the other end of the deal, more likely…

These might be good for riding, as they look like they’ll fit under a bike helmet and I won’t have the long wire running to my phone to get tangled. No idea if they’ll stay connected or will sound decent enough to actually use, but or the price…

Happy New Year to all!!!

I think it is amazing that Sellout.Woot has ESP and knew I was going to order these ahead of time. Although I didn’t order until 12/31, somehow FedEx SMARTpost did a pickup on 12/28/07 amazing :wink:

Est. in Home 01/11/2008
Date Time Description Location
January 4, 2008 9:00 AM Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX
December 28, 2007 7:01 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX
December 28, 2007 6:00 PM Pickup CARROLLTON, TX

I got the three of these that I ordered.

Excellent Philips quality. Charged it up, paired with my BlackBerry Curve, and took it on a road bike ride.

Worked very well, fit nicely under my helmet strap. And when I cupped my hand over the mic [which is about 6 inches from the ear piece] it cut out the wind and people heard me loud and clear.

Insane deal at the Woot price.

I received mine today as well. I opened one up and charged it, then called my daughter. She heard me fine, but I heard a buzzing in the background constantly. Being my first bluetooth, I don’t know if this is normal or something wrong with the unit or something I did that caused the buzzing noise. My phone is a sony-ericsson w300i.

Any enlightenment?