PhoLicious Meals, 2-Pack

Adding this optionally may kick it up a tiny bit…

I can’t believe what I’m seeing in this video. Correct me if I’m wrong, but this bowl only comes with noodles and spices!! The meat and vegetables he has there are all items he purchased separately!!

1 Like

Mr T says I pity the Pho who has high blood pressure and orders this

2 Likes

This is a combo pack! 8 services. (4 single bowls and 1 stovetop kit that serves 4 bowls) the amazon reviews speak for themselves. 4.5 out of 5 stars with most stating this is better than most restaurants. Don’t nock it until you try it :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you are worried about the sodium then I hope you don’t ever get any other pre made condensed soup on the market. They are all this high. Don’t eat it for every meal or add a little extra water and don’t drink all the broth.

1 Like

The average can of chicken soup in the store have an average of 1200mg to 1700mg per serving of sodium.

Have you tried it?

Soup in general in stores are typically higher in sodium content… The average can of Chicken soup is 1500mg per serving.

2 Likes

That is just for one of the stovetops. This woot deal is for one stovetop and 1 combo pack of beef and chicken. They do not have that combo pack on amazon, only the 4 packs of chicken and the 4 packs of beef and the stovetop beef option.

Could it be we have a stealth vendor rep visiting this morning?

Welcome to Woot

2 Likes

Thanks, now I am hungry for some fresh cooked noodles and I live in a town where diversity has yet to become a “thing.”

Thankfully, I am going to the “big city” on Monday where there is an awesome authentic Thai restaurant - I will tell them @TheJarOKnowledge sent me :star_struck:

4 Likes

Absolutely untrue. Typical is 650mg per serving. Please don’t lie because it is so readily checked. Else you lose all credibility for this product.

You could possibly instead say that Vietnamese generally don’t drink all the soup in Pho because they’re not foolish about excessive sodium intake. I know this from literally asking the question out of concern.

Typical sodium content confirmed in body of this article:

2 Likes

See for yourself directly from their website. And that for a 1/2 cup (1 cup / 8oz when you add the water)! Crazy high. So 890mg for every 8 oz of soup… The Pholicious bowls are 20oz of water per bowl. SO that would take 2.5 cans of soup to = 1 bowl of pholicious… Which would be 2225mg of sodium in the Campbell chicken soup for the equal amount of pholicious which is is 1500mg

1 Like

No stealth about it. I used our business to sign up. lol Didn’t realize it did not display our name. We are here to answer any questions you may have :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome and best wishes for a successful sale.

1 Like

Sorry, but that’s really terrible math. If you add more water to the Campbell soup you’re not increasing sodium.

As the food industry article says average sodium is 650 mg per serving. It’s not 20 oz with double the amount of sodium. Even in your example the serving size means 890 mg of sodium. Diluting it to 20 oz is still 890 mg of sodium.

Not pronounced Foe.

It’s pronounced Fa.

Of course not. The servings are two per can. Adding water does not increase solute. Basic stuff

Once again… Their campbells soup directions state 1 can of water per 1 can of soup… 1 can of soup has 2.5 servings in 10 oz of condensed soup… So 1 bowl of soup is 20 oz of after adding 1 can of soup and 1 can of water… 20oz bowl of campbells soup ready-to eat is 2.5 servings of their nutritional values… 890mg x 2.5 servings (in 1 can) is 2225mg of sodium in 1 can of soup… So to get the same 20oz of soup you get in a bowl of pholicious it would take the whole can of campbells soup… Which is 2225mg of sodium in that whole 10oz can…

1 Like

I must say that after seeing that 1 bowl of noodles is 66% of a daily intake of salt, it must come with a salt-lick on the side. :man_shrugging: