PhoneSoap 3 UV Cell Phone Sanitizer

PhoneSoap 3 UV Cell Phone Sanitizer

1 Like

As used on the Golgafrincham B Ark!

8 Likes

A lot of the negative reviews say that these stop working after a few months. Can anyone here who’s bought one share their experience with the longevity?

$30 on ebay

Not a reputable seller by any means, and the seller had 5 for sale in total.

Needless to say this really isn’t a deal. It’s pretty standard pricing on the item and it’s gone for less historically.

TL;dr - it doesn’t work as well as you’d want, but it does kill things. Buy 3% hydrogen peroxide.

1 Like

With two feedback, 1 neutral and 1 positive.

why would you need this?

why are you sanitizing something that was contaminated by yourself?

people have gone crazy i tell ya…

8 Likes

keep your phone out of the dumper and wash your hands.

5 Likes

My question is what about long term use? If you use this thing everyday, or multiple times a day, I would think there would be some pretty adverse affects on the phone. How well does a phone screen hold up to UVC exposure? Damage from UVC exposure is cumulative. What about the plastic on the phone? UVC tends to degrade plastic pretty quickly especially at close range and if the light is actually powerful enough to sterilize anything nasty. Also please not this does not sanitize anything. It does sterilize the phone, where light can reach, but it does not KILL anything. Also where would one get replacement bulbs and how much are they doing to be? Turning a bulb like this on and off repeatedly will generally degrade bulb lifespan. I’m skeptical…

this item is directed at those that use their hand held device while taking a CRAP!!! stop being nasty !!! don’t use your device in the crapper and wash your hands thoroughly when you are done even after taking a leak
and you wont need something like this

4 Likes

Words to live by.

1 Like

Does this work on ebola?

1 Like

Yes, and Cooties as well.

5 Likes

There are probably more germs on the currency in your wallet than on your phone. Maybe use this to launder your money???

5 Likes

Another “first world problem” solved.

1 Like

There is no question that research shows that handsets are some of the “germiest” things we handle regularly.

What’s interesting is that this thing pretty clearly falls under a requirement for EPA registration (so do pesticides, many ozone generators, and pretty much anything else that claims to kill things). Couldn’t find evidence of their EPA registration on their web site.

The good news is that the folks doing restoration of old discolored computers have discovered that UV might actually reverse yellowing in old product cases, so the jury’s out on what exactly this is going to do to different phone case/construction materials over time.

I loves ya Woot…but Clorox Disinfecting Wipes FTW

4 Likes

Lol Woot… April 1 was several weeks ago!

E2A: All you guys need now is a phone-powered soap sanitizer so we could have the complete set. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love you too!

1 Like