Products:
1 2006 Pine Ridge Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
1 2006 Carneros Merlot
CT links above

Winery website

Pine Ridge on Facebook
Pine Ridge on Twitter
Pine Ridge on Yelp

Congrats duckduckgoose on a nice guess… well played.

Captain Wes, I can’t speak for these particular wines, but I’ve had the Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc - Voigner, and it was excellent. We prefer Italian reds to Merlots and Cabs, otherwise I would be giving these a lot of consideration. ( I don’t like ordering wine in the summer, since the UPS trucks around here tend to heat the wines more than I would like.) Pine Ridge is part of the Crimson Wine Group, and none of their wines are shabby.

WD sent us the Pine Ridge Vineyards Napa Valley Cab '06 for our Buffalo/WNY Tasting #3 Cabs. This wine needed to be decanted. We double vinturied it and it was really good, but later in the evening, maybe 4 hours later (after opening) it was perfect. It was perfectly balanced, plenty of fruit, smooth tannins and a real pleasure to drink. I would highly recommend this wine.

There goes the SIWBM!

We also keep the Chenin Blanc Viognier in the fridge for cooking and drinking. Also have a 2005 Merlot and a Cabernet Franc from May of 2009 when we visited the winery. They gave us an excellent tour and tasting. Will have to gather the nerve to buy more wine without any more room to store it.

I still have a 3-liter bottle of the Pine Ridge 1997 cab in the cellar, but I think I’ll drink these before I pop the cork on that treasure. I’m in for 3, and am a definite Labrat volunteer.

Haven’t had Pine Ridge before, but Silverado Trail? That thar’s Mumm’s territory. Looking at the association directory (http://www.silveradotrail.com/directory.aspx), some good wine indeed.

The Winery’s web store lists the Cab for $54 and the Merlot for $45. $99 for both. There’s a blurb about $10 flat rate shipping on the product page for their 2001 Rutherford Cabernet. Not sure about the scope of that shipping deal though.

Courtesy of CJ …

So join or create a gathering!!

http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/10.gif

How else are you going to get a taste of those $80+ bottles WD is starting to sell us?

Wow.

Interesting that this major label offering comes on the heels of the Amazon anouncement. Coincidence? Methinks not.

Great winery, great deal. I have a few bottles of their Andrus Reserve saved but this might be hard to resist.

Fluffing my post count shamelessly
And in for one

What’s up with the dot in the middle of central Missouri?

Pine Ridge is one of the premiere wineries in Napa Valley and has been there for a long time. The winery itself is the Stagg’s Leap area of the valley. They are famous for their Cabernets. I have not tasted this vintage so I can not comment on how good it is, but this is a very excellent price.

I agree it is probably no coincidence, but for a different reason. Pine Ridge is one of the wineries owned by the Crimson Group. There was an offering of wines from all their wineries on Rue La La last week. I would guess that managment is using these specials to introduce their products to a wider group of wine lovers and to simply move out some product.

With the rpm tour coming up, I needed to make arrangements for delivery–just in case shipping takes longer. Order in and would love to Lab Rat the merlot. :slight_smile:

hahaha this made my day

I’m more interested in the Merlot, I’ve been on a huge Merlot kick lately, mostly just to spite some of my stupid friends.

Love Pine Ridge. Partial to the Rutherford Cab but this offering definitely looks worthy.

In for two.