Pineapple Vengeance

hmmm… pineapple boys need not apply:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpQpym4wlSE

It is not morbid enough! scoff

What about street cred? Is it different than rep?

I’d rather see more Editor’s Choice selections, bringing worthy Derby entries into print, rather than lame designs like this one. But that’s just me.

I agree. A death threat from a pineapple could be considered cute, but then the suggestion that a man was being forced to eat his ground-up wife and children… even with the cartoony backstory, my stomach sorta sank when I read that.

It’s a bit SouthPark-esque. Not that I don’t like South Park, but that kind of thing was pretty unexpected here.

By far the creepiest description I’ve ever seen on Woot.

I’m right there with you. Just look at the current fog. My guess is John Henry and the stepped on alien are locks to win. That means all but one of the kissing sailor, the ocotopus, first to flight and roshambo won’t print. All of those designs are far, far superior to this one.

I think it makes total sense to go with independent designs when you’ve got something brilliant like the At-At/@-@ design (I bought one myself). Or Chucknorium.

But a pineapple with an eye patch? A bear that looks like Mr. T? (I already own Extreme National Forrest!)

Why put up this kind of mediocre stuff in when you’ve got much better stuff in your own fogs.

Just when a guy thinks he is in the clear by converting to vegan-ism (the Ungulate Coalition and Poultry Union was stalking him), he turns on the light to see Senor Comosus on the counter top…

Thanks to everyone who has enjoyed or purchased this and sorry to all those who don’t like it. I was a little surprised that woot picked it in the first place, but happy. I’ve always loved the fact that woot has such a very diverse audience.

Sorry, I was a little cranky when I wrote what I did above. I forget artists often read these. I stand by what I said, but I was pretty rude to you. I revised my comment.

I guess I am the only one who thought of the tv-edit of Scarface?

In the real movie it goes down like this:
Immigration Officer #3: Where’d you get the beauty scar, tough guy? Eatin’ p—y?
Tony Montana: How’m I gonna get a scar like that eating p—y?

but when they edit it for basic cable TV it turns into this masterpiece:
Immigration Officer #3: Where’d you get the beauty scar, tough guy? Eatin’ pineapple?
Tony Montana: How’m I gonna get a scar like that eating pineapple?

:smiley:

hahaha, don’t worry about it. I’ve heard far worse and it really didn’t bother me at all. I completely understand that you can’t please everyone, if the world were all sunshine and rainbows it wouldn’t be nearly as interesting.

I don’t care who he kidnaps, that pineapple is cute. Look at its eye.

Very grossed out by the wife and kids cup. why was that even in the description. And, pineapple gets its revenge with me whenever I eat it, it turns my mouth all raw. :stuck_out_tongue:

Made me think of my favorite South Park episode.

I don’t remember woot claiming to be rated G. So wrong it’s good.

so cuteeeee

…Aren’t they the same? oO? Well, cred or rep, take your pick. To-may-to To-mah-to

Funny coincidence - I just happened to be attacked by a pineapple today. Luckily I was able to use a cutlery set from wine.woot.com to free to free my self and defeat the irate fruit. First I knocked over the genuine hardwood storage block. Then I used the 3 inch paring knife is stealthily sever the binds on my hands and feet. I then drew the 8 inch high carbon steel chefs knife and sliced the top off the his spiny head. I then proceeded to use the perfectly balanced blade to render him into delicious bits.

I’m not sure I would have made it through this ordeal if I hadn’t been wearing my sakura samurai shirt from shirt.woot.com.

If you don’t believe me here is the photographic proof.

It is a bit morbid, but not in comparison to the actual evils of Del Monte. The international company has been linked to the murders of farmers and labor activists in Guatemala.
http://www.labornotes.org/node/1865

http://www.villagevoice.com/2003-09-30/news/strange-fruit/1

However, I’m buying this shirt not because of the write-up, but because it’s the perfect shirt to wear when I teach the letter “P” to my prekindergarten class. Punk Pirate Pineapples!

…and then he glared at me and screamed, “I WILL MAKE YOU FRUIT SALAD!!”