Pinnacle DVD Maker Deluxe

Holy crap - I paid $99 for this last year. It was called DVD Maker Plus. Looks like it has the better HW in this version. Tempting to get another one, but it’s not close enough to Xmas yet. Great woot!

nope XP and Vista

I see some kind of weird-looking pope hat on the main page. What’s that about?
A Pope hat? Oh, that. It’s supposed to be a rocket ship. In any case, that’s our LAUNCH EVENT indicator! And boy, are you a lucky cuss. Spying the LAUNCH EVENT indicator is like catching sight of a leprechaun, or the elusive white whale. When you see it next to a Woot item, that item is available on Woot and nowhere else! Woot is the first and only place you can get such a doo-dad!

XP or Vista only huh?

Pinnacle for myself on XP/XP64/2000/2003 is a tad finically. Crashes often, But when it works the conversion is terrific. I do use the firewire for xp64 and often works without a problem (8 out of 10 times)

sweet…a pope hat!

yes it works with Vista

iMovie is better

thanks, haven’t visited woot in a long while :wink:

So, it’s an SVideo/RCA to USB device and crappy software? I guess that might be worth $30…

Pinnacle makes pretty solid stuff, so my impression is that this is quite a buy, actually.

Specifications link

meh…

Everything but the DVD burner - dang!

Is it any good… err I mean this must be Woot’s trick! A launch item, so nobody knows if its good or not. Pretty cool!

Considering I could only find the Plus version for $50+, I’ll assume this is a decent woot, too bad I not a n00b and can use the hardcore DVD authoring tools instead of this masterpiece.

omgwtf are we podcastless??

Thanks, but this isn’t the same thing. But, it gives me an idea. Looks like a good price and Pinnacle is pretty decent in their products.

So, is the cable alone worth the $? Could I use the cable on my Girlfriends Mini?
I dont have XP. I have windows 2000

I hate Pinnacle products too…eww…steenky. I speak from experience, I’ve returned every product by Pinnacle I’ve ever purchased.

Also USB 2 data transfer is not sufficient to create high quality video dubs.

They should put “Pinnacle DVD Maker Deluxe” in all caps to fully convey it’s majesty.