Pinnacle Home Theater Sound

In terms of volume, that is measured in DB (decibals. The subcompact 8 has a maximum DB of 113, and I am going from memory here. That is exceedingly loud, and unlikely you will ever need to reach those levels in a room environment.

Clarity is exceptional in the SOUNDBAR. These are serious audio products and I am certain you will be quite impressed.

ARIN

Nice Job Oklahoma. We are sure this will assist many people.

Hello Pinnacle!

I simply wanted to say how much I have enjoyed your speakers since I bought my first pair back in 1989. Your PN7+ was my first real speaker and have given me excellent service up till now. In the nineties I bought a pair of Classic Gold Towers for my main stereo and the PN7+ have been relegated to computer speakers, however the PN7+ went into non-climate controlled storage for several months last year and the speaker surround did not survive.

I’ve just picked up a pair of BD 500’s to replace the PN7+. If you would, what is the difference between the BD 500’s and the BD 500 Series II?

If I felt more secure in my job I’d pick up a pair of the BD 2500 PLB’s, that would be SWEET! I hope you have another sale like this six months or so from now!!!

Thank you for your great speakers over the years!

Hold the phone!
You’ve got a 100w/channel amp? Is this just a stereo amp/receiver or is it a surround sound receiver?
The soundbar you are looking at had its own amp and a couple different audio inputs. It doesn’t connect to your amp with speaker wire.

If you’re planning on using your receiver and if it isn’t just stereo you should buy the QP9 speaker bar. It connects to an amp via speaker wire with three sets of wire, working as the front right left and center speakers.
Then, get either that 10" or 12" sub (or wait till pinnacle’s higher end subs will be for sale.)
The soundbar is great, but won’t work well with your receiver and is a step down from the qp9 speaker bar that has more drivers and will give better sound.

The 8" sub with the sound bar will be clearer and get louder than your current sony sub, but based on its listed frequency specs, probably won’t get deeper and give you the boom you want. For that you need one of the bigger subs.

Thanks for that.
I have a 100w/ch 5.1 receiver, but have been using a powered sony soundbar. I like the all in one idea of the powered soundbars, but haven’t been impressed with the volume or base. I’ve recently hooked the receiver back up, but have an 8" 60amp powered woofer. it sounds good, but doesn’t get very loud either. If I knew the bar and sub would be loud enough, I may try it, I just can’t find any reviews saying so
Or I just buy a bigger sub. How big how many amps for a big 15x20 room?

Hi and thanks for the kind words. So your PN7+ are working after 25 years! NEAT.

They were an excellent shelf speaker. BD 500 and 500ll are very similar. The primary difference is series ll version has slightly more bass and it is sold exclusively through different market channels. Thank you for being a loyal customer all these years.

Virtually all soundbars have limited bass, maybe upper mid bass. Cause they are designed to integrate cosmetically to thin TV’s and therefore use small woofers. But, once you add the Powered subwoofer that brings in the bass. Obviously, not all 8" subwoofers are equal. Model QPSYS12200 is a “BUNDLE” created exclusive for woot. It is comprised of our best SOUNDBAR, T12000 and SUBCOMBACT 8 powered subwoofer. I am quite certain you will find this combination exceedingly impressive and particularly for music. If for some reason you want even more volume of bass, add PSSUB 225.

ARIN

I’m not an expert on this and a lot will depend on layout, whether there are large openings to other rooms, subwoofer placement, etc. Typically in 2500 cubic foot room, you’ll need a 12" sub or a very good 10" sub. An 8" usually just won’t be enough for anything bigger than a 1500 cubic foot room. It may sound good, but you’re unlikely to pressurize the room and get the bass feel. Additionally, most subs that size don’t extend low enough to give that bass you feel. You want a sub that gets down close to 20hz (or even below)

But, that QP9 speaker bar should put out plenty of volume for that size room and should do so without distortion. It’s got six 3" woofers for the mids and can handle more power than your current receiver puts out. Sure, something like the towers with 6 inch woofers would have bigger sound, but fora soundbar type format the speaker bar will be head and shoulders above most.

I don’t know what soundbar you have now or how it compares, so I can’t really say how much of an improvement this would be but I’m guessing it would be noticeable. If you went with larger bookshelf speakers it would be a bigger step up and would give you more options for placement and better stereo separation, but that comes with form factor sacrifices.

I’d definitely pick the speaker bar over the powered soundbar though. You’ll get more speaker for similar (or less) money, and if you want to add surrounds later you just need to buy 2 more inexpensive speakers instead of a whole new set of speakers.

If I were you, I’d buy that QP9, two of those $20 satellites, and the 12 inch sub.
Then, if it’s still not enough subwoofer for you, sell the sub for $100 bucks or so and buy one of the better subs next time they’re sold on woot.

hi Arin,

I have a pair of the 750s and LOVE the sound. Incredible. Two things:

1. I have them sitting atop B&W 24" steel speaker stands. They do the job, for sure, but I’d feel better if they were on beefier stands, and was wondering what you would recommend that is out there to handle such large speakers (haven’t filled the stands with anything… yet), as they are rather top heavy and one had been nearly knocked completely over…

2. While not knocked to the ground, one of the cabinets suffered a slight scratch. Not bad, hardly noticeable unless you were looking for it (on the side). But I know it is there. Wondering what recommendations you’d have for spot-reparing that lovely finnish.

Cheers!

Hi, I suggest you send us a picutre of the cracked area to info@pinnaclespakers.com and we will look and see if we can make any suggestion. As to the stands, a company called SANUS makes many excellent speaker stands and you can look at their web site for suitable matches.

Excellent suggestion

Oh, Pinnacle is here? I have the 650 from a previous sale, and an LG TV. I can’t seem to get the IR blaster to control the soundbar volume. Suggestions? What IR format are you using that it’s so horribly incompatible?

The remote that came with it, or a universal remote?
Pinnacle has remote codes on their website, as well as a note that if you connect via rca/headphone jack then the tv will control the volume with the tv remote bypassing the ir control for the soundbar entirely. Pinnacle Speakers - Geeky Speaker Reviews and Guides

Thanks Arin!
Am familiar with Sanus, is there a specific model of speaker stand they have that would be suitable for the BD750s? A lot of speaker stands that I have seen have rather small(ish) top plates, which I fear may be inadequate for these beautiful beasts.

I also have the 750s and cannot praise these things more. They are easily the best speakers I have ever owned (past: Several PSBs, B&W, Mirage, Pioneer).
My only problem is finding stands that I think will work best with them. I have them on stands that are great stands… But really for smaller speakers.

Will my TV remote control the sound level or will I need to have another remote on the coffee table? Just curious.

I AM NOT FAMILIAR with their current line up but check their web site for good options. Also you can write to them and they may be able to assist.

FOR Model QPSYS12200 you can pair with the existing remote. Model FRONTROWPBAR6200 will need to use it’s own remote or you can pair with UNIVERSAL BRAND of remotes.

I have mine on 26 inch Sanus Steel Foundation stands. Depending on your situation the 22 inch stands might also work well.