Pinnacle PCTV HD Card

Because analog HD data is sent at an enormous bitrate. Only very, very expensive professional gear can re-digitize component video.

The new Slingboxes do it, but they “cheat” in so many words. They don’t really do HD.

Huh? Mine cant. What gives?

yes, you can record / watch regular TV, HD over the cable or over the air

Too bad most shows are protected and this won’t let you record them.
You need an ATI HDTV Wonder. That was made before the rules were enacted.

Anyone know if this will capture xbox360?

I Woot, therefore I am. In this case I am twice. Awesome deal. I am setting up the Home Theater PC and this is exactly what I needed. Grabbed a second for the office PC.

[No]

yeah what exactly is free hdtv

If it’s compatible with mythtv I’m down, otherwise… meh.

does anyone have suggestions on the required “High-gain indoor or rooftop aerial” antenna?

Does anyone know where to check what over the air HD channels are available in my area?

in for one. good buy better than the card right now which is still having a battle with windows over its driver after 2 years…

i’m almost tempted to buy this just to put it in my mac and try to prove that it will work on a mac.

since usually when they say “requires windows …b lah blah” it just means that the software is only for windows… and with a little searching you can usually find mac software/drvers/whatever that will make the hardware work with mac osX. i just don’t have the extra time for the research at the moment. shrugs o well.

In HD? No. In SD? Yes.

I’ve got a media center pc with a card as well, this is the best deal i’ve seen. i’m in for one, and you can use the microsoft media center software - sweet!

It doesn’t list Windows 2000, but I wonder if it would work with it.

You really don’t want to do this. I hooked up an old N64 to my video card, the delay was very bad. I would say 2-3 seconds. If you want to hook up your console to your PC, do it via a VGA/DVI cable.

explain? got any links to shed some light on this?

I ditto the software experience…now I probably wont order.

http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

karbon223
Oct 8, 2007 1:05 AM

would this fit a pci express slot on a laptop or no

Wait. Are you serious? Can you not tell from both the way it looks AND the product specs? No, this will NOT fit in a laptop.