Pinnacle PCTV Remote Kit for Windows Media Center

anyone have one? how is it?

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Pinnacle PCTV Remote Kit for Windows Media Center
$14.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product(s): 1 Pinnacle PCTV Remote Kit for Windows Media Center

so…can you use this to pause flash videos? (ie. youtube)

It will only work for Vista. No drivers for XP available. Works well on Vista.

Does anyone know if this will work with Linux or the Xobx 360?

Can you use this remote to turn your pc on? I had a 9600 all in wonder card with remote and loved it, but doesn’t work on vista so this is perfect.

I have the HP version of this and a Harmony 550 remote. The input lag is pretty bad, about 250ms. Does anyone happen to have this, or another media center remote, that doesn’t have noticeable input lag?

What about with Windows Media Center Edition?

Does this work on Windows XP? MCE or otherwise? I mean driver-wise, I have a program that will interperet the commands from normal windows MCE remotes, but I need to know if this remote works with the normal windows xp MCE remorte driver.

http://www.byremote.com.au/downloads/default.asp?SCLASS=HIP

is where you guys can find the program if you want to look at it.

still processing…come on server

This guy is using one with mythtv, so it must work with linux.

Doesn’t work on XP but works on Vista? That’s a first…But shouldn’t it technically work on Windows Media Center like the name implies?

The name doesn’t imply Windows Media Center Edition of XP, it is referring the “Media Center” function of Windows Vista only in Home Premium and higher.

Price comparator post ! - Is this a good deal ? Let’s see ! :slight_smile:

New Pinnacle PCTV Remote Kit for Windows Media Center, for $14.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Pinnacle PCTV Remote Kit for Windows Media Center

To access the price comparator links, **click here**

http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.png
http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.jpg

About this post

The user reviews on newegg have a comment by wesrubix that says with modification to the c:\windows\inf\irbus.inf file to include the hardware ID of this device will allow it to work with Windows XP MCE 2005.

I don’t think this is the same RC. I think this is the one that comes with Pinnacle PCTV.

Can anyone post a link to the Vista 64 drivers for this? I’ve been looking in the last 10 minutes to find them, but no luck! Thanks!

If I’m not mistaken this is just a rebranded Microsoft eHome Infrared Receiver (and remote) which should have drivers built into all versions of Vista. MCE users might be left out in the cold though.

Wrong. I have this EXACT remote and it works perfectly fine on my XP MCE 2005 HTPC. I love it, makes it so nice to flip around through MCE versus a keyboard/mouse. It also works with my Logitech Harmony 880 remote, so I can control everything with one remote without having to push different inputs for each device. :slight_smile: