Pinnacle PCTV Remote Kit for Windows Media Center

Does it work with the Pinnacle HDTV card and software? (In a Vista system.)

Edit: I know the HDTV card works in Media Center, and the remote should work for that, but I want to know if I can use this remote to control the Pinnacle software since it has clear QAM HD, which is not supported in Media Center. (The remote that comes with the HDTV card rarely works.)

I have the HDTV card as well, but not sure if the remote works to replace the one that comes with it. Never tried, I just got the HTPC up and running and still got to get the TV part of MCE to work with it. I’ll see tonight if it works.

No fun if you don’t run windows…

and i feel sorry for ya if its vista…

I’ve waited 45 minutes and still my order is processing… is it just an error with my order, or is this happening to everyone?

I can tell you that my account still says I haven’t purchased anything yet, but I was the first sucker… Confused

Seems like a pretty good deal for a new remote - it’s about $30 at NEWEGG and AMAZON.

Verigoth at Newegg says no, which makes me sad. It is different hardware. Perhaps the LIRC guys will update the drivers?

I have used this exact model on both Vista Home Premium and XP MCE with no problems, no discernible lag, and without having to load drivers. Both versions automatically recognized the IR receiver and loaded a generic IR driver. This remote also works great with Media Portal. Haven’t tried it with Linux or a Mac, though.

I like when the uneducated speak.

It gives the flies somewhere to poop.

You’re not alone. I’ve been waiting for about an hour. Looks like last night’s “graphic novel” sale over at woot.com did a real number on the purchasing servers.

I have the exact same remote that came with my PC tuner card, and it DOES work with xbox 360 perfect. You dont need the IR sensor either, its built into the front of the xbox already. I guess just because the remote I have and the one on here are 100% identical, doesn’t mean they will work the same, but I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t either. Just throwing that out there for you guys, it works.

This thing not only works with vista, It works with XP Media Center.

It also works with the Xbox 360 - you don’t even use the reciever with the xbox. Just point the remote at it - it controlls it all - it can even turn on/off the xbox.

still trying to order and can’t…

EDIT: just took like 5+ minutes to order, works.

After 12 hours mine went through.

Looks interesting, anyone actually have one and running it on vista? If, so on a scale of 1 to 10 what would you rate it? (1= pos 10=gotta have)

Looks like the order processing server(s) finally cleared. I ordered mine in the 7:00 hour, but the Product Stats page was showing 100% of the purchases were made in the midnight hour until just a little while ago.

woot!ed for two

will this work with plain old XP? not MCE, just XP pro.

Just ordered mine and it went through right away.

Enough of this. Back to the Infinity server with you!