Pinnacle PCTV To Go HD Wireless

Woot line of the month, ok so it just started!! :slight_smile:

OK, I’m a geek, I have one of these and the Slingbox. I much prefer my PCTV to go, the Picture is far superior. And I can record all of my shows and watch them on the plane, Can’t do that with the sling

But it looks damn good :), have you seen slings quality???

I still dont understand these…

Three cheers for a new item offered for sale! Keep up the good work Woot!!

Do you happen to know the output resolution of the device. I’d think wireless couldn’t support HD-DVDs

Way better, Vista Compatible, built in wireless, it can record, much better picture quality

holy hell - does this thing really let you record a component signal? as in, no copy protection?! surely it’s not keeping full HD resolution?

much better, quality both locally and remotely looks better than the Sling. Not too mention the Media Center compatibility, ability to record, etc…

This is the exact same thing as a Slingbox.

Plugs into your cable box or av device. Allow you to watch your tv remotely.

Does have IR blasters.

Does not work on Macs.

Does have tivo like functionality with rewing and fast forward. This is the only reason it might be better then a slingbox. I would love to test one but with having a Slingbox this is a no go.

So this is like slingbox? Kind of pricey…I’ll have to think about this one.

Oddly enough, just the other week thousands of tiny catfish appeared in the pond at work like magic. I don’t see the egrets and herons devouring the little buggers, so August has arrived just in time indeed! I only hope that the survivors have grown large enough to be fillet-able…

Look here for some Amazon customer reviews.

Can you watch this on a mobile phone (WM5, etc)?

Yeah Doesn’t HD resolution require like a Gbps of bandwidth? I find it hard to believe you can actually get that across the Internet. I’d imagine it could work in a home though.

Does anybody have any real world info on the resolution this thing can do?

“Allows you to pause, rewind and record your favorite TV shows”

I guess anything, even a wall plug will “allow” for this. Truth is, you still need your computer to record shows. I just hooked up a desktop to the cable and can record any shows and watch them from any computer.

Sell your slingbox on Ebay :slight_smile:

This is a great product! For those of you who aren’t allowed to have a TV in every room, this product combined with your laptop and a home wireless network equals the perfect solution!!

Phooey. Microsoft DRM infested stuff again. Great if you want MS to be in control of your media collection, I suppose.

No thanks.

Odd… I have one of these and it works quite well on my Mac using Boot Camp…