Pinnacle Speakers

Hello and thanks for your good questions. We always say, you may not know good sound when you hear it, but everyone sure knows bad sound when you hear it. So, being new does not mean you cannot identify with quality, and conversely identify a poor product. We can all do that with most items. But, to stick to your question, the issue we see is the point about a party volume. a pary with 20 or so people talking, making their own noise will compete with the music system and that means having to turn the music up louder and louder to get past the noise of the guests. So, unless a party at your home is more of an adult gathering, we advise this: MB9500+ is an outstanding music and movie system and will meet your needs if used with a quality 5.1 or 7.1 receiver.
You would want a high quality receiver and brands such as ONkyo, Yamaha, Harmon Kardon, Pioneer all make fine products. They are typically not too costly, maybe $300-$400 or less would be fine. BUT and we do mean BUT, if the party is more than an ocasional thing and the needs are to let lots of excited happy people dance and scream with delight, you may want to go with SFITTWR 1050 and PSSUB225 subwoofer. PSSUB 225 subwoofer puts out lots of volume. Or, get the MB11500+ which uses PSSUB225 in theat system and has larger front channel speakers for more volume. So, to recap, if a party is a gatering and not a rock concert, go with MB9500+ and wonder in amazement at how much you are enjoying the sound for $299. If the parties are frequent and you want a concert level of quality undistroted music, we suggest SFITTWR1050 + PSSUB225, + SFITCTR350 + SFITLCR250 as rear. And finally, if you want the safe middle ground, go for MB11500+ which already has PSSUB225 in the system. Finally, in all cases you will need a receiver. I hope this has answered your questions and defined your options more clearly.

Hi BOBDO and thank you for the kind words. We have indise information and do anticipate the BD 300 will return in a future Woot promo.

Hi BOBDO and thank you for the kind words. We have indis information and do anticipate the BD 300 will return in a future Woot promo.

TYPO, sorry, I meant we have inside information to anticipate BD 300 in a future event.

We think indeed it will. And, if you can or want to use the 2nd subwoofer in the 7.2 receiver, we would suggest BABY Boomer as the 2nd subwoofer. We are certain you will be delighted!

You can hook up the PSSUB 225 with the SOUNDBAR6210 but not directly to the SOUNDBAR. The SOUNDBAR has a 1 cable simple hook-up to the TV. The PSSUB 225 will either hook up to an audio receiver if you have one, SUB OUT from the TV if the TV has a sub out, or a simple adapter can be purchased to accomodate. I will verify this with our engineering department.

Thanks

If I’m looking for a sub for a 16X16 room (in a basement) to use mainly for TV/Movie viewing should I be looking into the baby boomer or the 225? My current system has 2 floor standing Infinity speakers (RS5’s) and Infinity Quadrapole rears. The receiver is a Pioner VSX-can’t remember the number, but it wasn’t the lowest model.

Thanks

Hi, We checked with Pinnacle engineering to get the answer for your question. ANd first, it is not a silly idea. here is what they say:

If the TV has variable analog outputs then a splitter can be used with one connection to the subwoofer and the other to the SOUNDBAR. Then the soundbar can be set to a high volume and just use the TV to adjust volume.

we hope this helps

In our opinion, the BABY BOOMER is the better choice because it has more depth of bass where the PSSUB225 is louder. Typical basement rooms are fairly “LIVE” with lots of solid surfaces, like concrete floors or walls and other water tanks etc. Baement acoustics being typically “LIVE” would work better with BABY BOOMER. If you want louder volume or listen almost only to movies, PSSUB 225 is the better choice. But for Music and based on the acoustices of the room, we think BABY BOOMER is better.

HI, Arin with Pinnacle speakers here. Please see fuller response to your question a few posts down. The short answer is we recommend BABY BOOMER, further details below

Hello Woot Community: SPECIAL FEATURE:
We want to clarify for you a special feature that SOUNDBAR MODEL FRONTROWPBAR6200 has: It accepts MP3 players, smart phones, so if that is where your music library is stored,simply hook up your mobil device directly to our SOUNDBAR and it will play all your music and movies.

I purchased the 3 channel center speaker little over a month ago now. I’m not exactly 100% thrilled with it. I expected, by the way the Rep made it sound, that I would receive really crisp loud vocals/speech. Still feel like its not all to great at what it was intended to do.

It’s a fully finished basement so there isn’t any concrete or anything. It’s drywall and carpeted floors.

Hi, Baby Boomer is a better acoustic match to the SFITTWR1050.

Only exception is if the room has cathedral ceilings or is larger than 400 sq’ you would want the PSSUB 250 for more volume in a large area.

The Baby Boomer is the more musical and accurate subwoofer. The PSSUB 225 is louder and will fill up a larger room or volume if you have high ceilings. Either is fine, now it is a budget consideration for you.

Hi, Arin with Pinnacle Speakers. We strive for 100% satisfaction and want to explore with you the specific problem and solutions. Tell me if you have the 9 element SPEAKER BAR or 3 ELEMENT Center Channel You can write to me directly @ customersupport@pinnaclespeakers.com and we will work this through with you. Thank you.

Thanks for the info!!

Generally, we think yes. Excpet in large rooms or where high volume is needed or wanted. The PSSUB 225 will play louder, but the BABYBOOMER will produce deeper bass. Depends on your specific, but all things being equal, Baby Boomer is the better product.

Address provided failed.

Nevermind. I see the following on the website:

Contact Us:

Customer / Product Support: service@pinnaclespeakers.com

Customer Comments: pinnacle@pinnaclespeakers.com

Dealer Inquiries: dealerinfo@pinnaclespeakers.com

I’m looking to upgrade my system. I have:

• Receiver: Yamaha RX-V671
  • Front LR: Sony SS-MF750H
  • Center: Sony SS-CN550H
  • Surround LR: Pioneer SP-BS41-LR
  • Subwoofer: KLH ASW10-125C

I was looking to upgrade my center channel because dialogue doesn’t seem to be as clear or as loud as I would like. My home theater is in the basement, which is an open floor plan. I need to fill an area ~15’x20’.

For a center channel I was looking at the Polk CS10 and a Martin Logan Motion 8. I was impressed by the depth, bass, and clarity of the Motion 8. I haven’t heard the Polk center, but it’s gotten good reviews on Amazon.

Question time.

• What is the difference between the S-FIT LCR 250 and the S-FIT CTR 350? It looks like I can use the 250s as any speaker. What makes the 350 different. I would probably get two pairs of the 250s for multiple systems for the price. How do these speakers compare to the centers I listed above?
  • Are all these speakers timbre matched to each other and how important is timbre matching?
  • Are the S-FIT TWR 1050s comparable to the Sony SS-MF750Hs I currently have? Would the Pinnacle floorstanding speakers be an upgrade from what I have now?

Thanks for any answers.