Pinnacle Speakers

For gaming I would suggest a move up to the more robust MB 11500+, especially using the 12" subwoofer and larger format speakers across the front. And yes, they are all video sheilded. Hook-up is still through an audio receiver.

My husband would openly revolt against the stylish pointed legs this subwoofer sports touching the hardwood floor in our living room. He slaps stick-on protectors on everything (except me). That would ruin the look, no? What were the designers thinking?

Google “speaker spike pads” and you will see what you need. Should look like a flat piece of metal with a small indention for the spike to sit in.

You can also just use 4 coins.

Hi, Arin with Pinnacle here and I researched your question with our R/D department. The Supersonic does not in fact have “SPIKES”. They are solid brass isolation cones and are rounded on the tips specifically to avoid an indentation in the floor. Carpet will restore to original. The purpose of the Cones is very important. it stabilizes the subwoofer to the floor to increase the bass response. The subwoofer cannot move or the bass will be poor. However, the feet do not come to a spike, rather as I said they are rounded tips. If you have wood floors or tile floors you can simply place a copper penny under the Feet if you wish. Again, these are acoustic benefits and solid brass isolation cones often are sold separately for upwards of $80/set. we include ours with the product, believing a $2,500 product should include that caliber of cones.

I hope this addresses your questions. Finally, the cones are not attached to the product, they are included in the box and simply screw into place.

The idea is to have as little physical contact with the floor (or anything else) as possible. This is very common with subwoofers.

Thanks! That does help!

Hello Woot Community. Arin with Pinnacle customer support team leader here to assist with any questions you may have. There is no such thing as a dumb question as far as we are concerned, so please feel free to ask. I have one of the engineers at Pinnacle with 19 years experience available to me if a technical question gets beyond my knowledge, though I have been here for 8 of Pinnacle’s 37 years and I can field most questions. Thanks

I am using the speakers I bought from Woot for a new home theater application and the performance exceeds my expectation. The 300s are great for fronts and rears on a 5.1 application. The lesser expensive subwoofer keeps the basses covered while the center carries the dialogue. These are quality products that you will enjoy.

I wanted to let you all know how happy I am with these speakers. I was looking everywhere for the speakers and came across these and decided to pull the trigger. I will say that I paid more than $100 more than the current advertised price last year from woot. :frowning: I was worried that it would be an issue because of my 24’ ceilings in the great room. Not an issue at all and they perform wonderfully and have gotten many comments on how crisp and full sounding these speakers are. I am not using the supplied subwoofer though. I am using a speakercraft cinema 12" in wall sub paired with a Onkyo TX-NR818. I cannot say enough good things about these speakers. They are a good substitute for my Klipsch Reference setup that is in the bonus but too big and bulky for the great room. Since Pictures are worth a million words, here is a pic of the speakers surrounding a 60’ Samsung.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-F3Tqa0vGhL8/UcL8bqkpNPI/AAAAAAAACE0/-rQwPsmcHy0/w575-h868-no/DSC_3920.JPG

Pic of the surrounds

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-s5tZjXpFovo/UcL8WYpPaoI/AAAAAAAACEs/OIfDTECWYnc/w1312-h869-no/DSC_3921.JPG

Hope this helps someone. I had a hard time finding info for what I could use in a room with tall ceilings. I am sure the Amp I am using has something to do with it since it allowed me to tune it with a mic but I am really enjoying them. If you are wrestling with this decision because you are unsure, go ahead and pull the trigger. I don’t think you will regret it.

Arin - I bought the Onkyo HT-RC430 5.1-Channel 3D Ready A/V Receiver on Woot a couple months ago. Which of the 5.1 speaker sets would work best with that receiver? It’s for a secondary home theater room. Thanks!

Would the 8210 Soundbar + Sub be suitable for audiobooks & soft music (background at dinner, rather than the volume you’d need for a party) in a medium-sized room?

Onkyo has excellent products and your receiver will work well with either system.

Yes, with exceptional voice clarity, the Front Row SYS 8210 is an excellent choice for those applications.

Hi, Arin with an additional follow up. As a “SECONDARY” room MB 9500+ is excellent, but of the room is over 350 sq’ the more powerful subwoofer and front channel speakers in the MB 11500+ is better. For the slight cost differential, the MB11500+ is a nice step up. Either is fine. It is room size and budget.

I just had the pair of tower speakers, the center channel speaker and the baby boomer subwoofer delivered to my house today. I have to say that I am extremely happy with all of these speakers. Pinnacle has done a great job in designing speakers that not only sound phenomenal but are very sleek looking! You will not find a better deal on quality speakers. I am very happy and satisfied.