Pinnacle Speakers

Excellent! Come one, and come all. Welcome to the Pinnacle Party! Yes the MB 11500+ is quite a steal at $400. That is the Woot way!

Yes, thank you. That is very good advice and exactly what I tried. Probably 90% of people would be completely happy with the result. I still wasn’t, because the electronic equalization curve (is it 12 dB per octave?) is additive to the mechanical roll off of bass response caused by the very small size of the 4" speaker. You can hear the uneven response in the range between 50 and 100 Hz, especially noticed in the lowest frequencies of male vocals. It’s correctable, it was just simpler for me to use a front main speaker with a larger woofer that doesn’t have a mechanical roll off in bass response.

I’ve been looking around for a “nicer” sub for several years now… I like more “musical” sealed subs and am a cheap ass, so it’s been long search.

I came close to purchasing an Emotiva X-Ref 12 Sub with a fancy DSP that flattens the frequency response, but waited too long since it’s been discontinued. :frowning:

So… I just picked up a SuperSonic.

Pretty much the fact that they’re “Made in the USA”, have great support on woot’s forums, and that Pinnacle posts sane -3dB frequency responses for their products clinched it for me.

Unfortunately the fancy Piano Black finish will be wasted on me since it’ll sit in the back corner of my living room.

I’ll also probably have a hard time pairing it with the Infinity Classia Sub (HTMag measured it having a -3dB point at 41Hz, but in-situ I’ve measured decent response down to the mid30ish Hz). Maybe it’ll work if I turn the crossover for the SuperSonic down to the lowest 50Hz setting and let the Infinity cover the mid bass, and let the Pinnacle do the bottom end.
I’ll see what my receiver’s room equalization can do with the odd set up…

Do you guys have any suggestions as how I should set up my system?

(Oh, btw, my main speakers are Polk RTi-A9’s, I’ve measured their response in-situ to the mid40’s. These replaced the bookshelf speakers I had paired originally with the Infinity Sub. The living room is L-shaped and connects with the dining area, entry way.)