Pinnacle Speakers

Sure looks like it to me in the second picture - says “Model/Supersonic”

He-he, on the specs for the Supersonic, need to fix an error - it currently (10/25 at 1:30pm) states:

“Subwoofer Low End Frequency Response: 23 kHz (-3 dB)”

Should be “23 Hz” - would be a shame if the low-end frequency response of a subwoofer cut off at a frequency above the range of human hearing…

Right, the subwoofers in this promo include SUPERSONIC

You are correct, low end frequency spec on SUPERSONIC is 23 Hz.

SUPERSONIC is part of this Event.

I am really loving the QP9W PWRBAR. I had a bad experience after wooting the PBAR 6200… it did not sound like an upgrade to my Panasonic plasma TV’s stock speakers. First Pinnacle product (and I own quite a few) that underwhelmed me. The display and remote were off-putting too. Maybe a couple years ago this was filling some niche market, but now it seems obsolete.

Anyway, Arin convinced me to give the QP9W PWRBAR a try, and it did not disappoint! It’s basically the S-Fit version of a powered speakerbar–like two LCR 250s powered by a solid amp with seamless remote integration (you push a couple of buttons on the rear of the unit and it learns your existing remote’s commands for volume and muting). It has a high Spousal Approval Factor too. Buy one.

I don’t often post in these discussion boards - and even less often reply to posts… but…

I purchased the Baby Boomer for bedroom setup last time (or time before) it was offered… and in all honesty, I’m very impressed by the performance (WAY more than anticipated)… Deeper, fuller bass than my 10" Klipsch sub in main home theater setup in living room (which is much bigger footprint)… I’m truly amazed by the output of this little sub - and it’s very clean.

I’m not a shill for Pinnacle… but I am a new found fan. This offering I picked up the 5 Element Floor speaker to replace Polk mains in bedroom… nothing wrong with the Polks, but at this price I couldn’t resist - I’m hoping to be as pleased as I am with the Baby Boomer (cautiously optimistic)… I’m giving the Polk to girlfriend - unless the Pinnacle aren’t up to par, in which case she can have those.

But as to the Sub (at least Baby Boomer); Best bang for buck audio component I’ve ever bought! I was previously not too familiar with Pinnacle - and now a buyer of pieces I don’t even need.

Hi, I’ve got a set of Pinnacle PN8+ bookshelf speakers that I’m still rocking out to (from the late 80’s early 90’s). I really enjoy them and I’m looking to add some tower speakers and a sub. The S-FIT TWR 1050 you have on here are 8ohm, and the PN8+ I have are 6ohm. Would that present a problem with my home theater setup?

Hi, thanks for being a Pinnacle Speaker owner for so many years.

Impedance is specified with the word NOMINAL before it. In actuality the impedance is a fluctuating # with the frequency response being fed into the speaker. Typically impedance can range from say 6-14 ohms for example. But, in the interest of not over-complicating the way information is given to broad consumers, speaker companies pick 1 #, oftem 8ohms or 4. 6 etc.

We say nominal which means the lowest it will be is that # and it will fluctuate. So, the short answer to your question, is there will be absolutely no combatibility issues at all with your PN8+ and any of our products today. But I wanted to fill you in a little on how the impedance spec is presented.

That makes sense. If I’m currently using a receiver that is rated for 8-16 ohm’s, should I upgrade it to better handle the PN8+'s that go down to 6 ohms?

Hi, not necessarily, and not for the impedance questions, unless the amplifier cannot handle 2 sets of speakers playing at the same time.

If the receiver does not offer 5.1 or home theater set-ups you may want to consider a newer model. I think it is worth investigating.

Thanks for the quick responses! It’s an old JVC 5.1 receiver. I’ll probably upgrade anyways to get a receiver w/ hdmi connections.

My personal opinion is it is time for a new one.

After having these PN8+'s for so long… I can tell you that if these tower speakers are anything like the PN8+'s… They’ll blow you away. Crystal clear with incredible range and power.

hahaha, yeah… I’m looking right now. I’ll probably go out to frys today and pick something up.

Picked up the 350W 2.1CH Soundbar with Subwoofer last time I saw these on sale since I just got a new flat screen and needed something for sound on a budget. Only had them hooked up for 2 days but so far they have been amazing. The subwoofer is what really makes the difference.

JUST FYI: SFITTWR 1050 is boxed and sold as 1 speaker. 2 = 1 pair.

Enjoy your speakers!

Not likely to ever happen. Like many other brands, Pinnacle uses Woot to expose themselves to consumers who may not be familiar (lower end of the market) with their products–this is not the same target as the BDII buyers. But yes, I agree that 72% off a pair of BD650II would be kiiler :slight_smile:

I’m familiar and request the bd1000. I would like to upgrade to the BD series but won’t pull the trigger on the BD500 or center until I can get the BD towers.

now I’m concerned…

I’m no audiophile, but if I’m accustomed to Klipsch Reference Series, will I be disappointed in the Pinnacle line being offered? (room specs and acoustics aside)…

granted, these Pinnacle floor standing would be replacing Polk R40s in my bedroom (so ultra high end isn’t expected)… but the idea of “low end” concerns me…

As stated previously though - if the Element 5 are comparable to the baby boomer, I have no concerns… as that sub is more impressive than the Klipsch RW10 that cost twice as much over five years ago…