Pinnacle Speakers

I picked up four of the 3-element LCR speakers listed in this sale. I am building a home theater room with 120" projector screen. The room is about 15x20.

Can I use the LCR speakers as surrounds in a 5.1 setup, and get another speaker for the center channel?

Or do you think I would be better off to get a bar to use as the Left center & right channels, and use the four speakers as surronds in a 7.1 system?

We suggest using 1 QP9W SPEAKERBAR as the front/center channels and use the 2 pair (4) SFITLCR250 as rear and side channels. The 7.1 configuration is a step up over the 5.1 configuration. The SFITLCR 250 pair cannot be hooked up as a center channel. One speaker can be used as a center, but not the 2 of them.

Baby Boomer would be a highly recommended choice for the powered subwoofer if you do not have a powered subwoofer.

seems like a lot of problems are being reported in this thread.
and yeah people are more likely to complain than praise, but still.

I have a 42 Vizio about 6 years old.I was thinking about buying the 350w 2.1 soundbar with the subwoofer.Would this setup make a big diferance in sound?? Thanks for any help.

I’ve been looking at speaker bars for a while now. I’m wondering if the QP 9 could be used for this purpose or if it is designed to be integrated as part of a larger audio system. Looking at the connections, I’m not even sure how to hook it up to a TV (Seems like more of a radio/stereo setup).

Thoughts?

I purchased the Super sonic 12" 800 watt sub. Hooked it up, completed a setup on the Denon 4311ci. It sounded nice. It’s volume is at about 3 or 4. Strong sub! About 30 minutes in while listening to an SACD the thermal protection tripped. The unit get HOT. So I waited for it to cool down and reset. About an hour later I tried again. About 30 minutes or so into a CD the thermal protection circuit tripped again! Not sure if it’s related to what others have mentioned about this sub having this issue or is this just a really sensitive thermal circuit? The unit is very warm to hot to the touch. So I’m not happy. I love the sound but I’m not able to use it if this is what it’s going to do every time I use it. Not sure what else to do? Suggestions? My dedicated Home Theater is 15x18. the 5.1 setup is all B&W 705’s. With this new sub replacing a Klipsh 12" sub.

Hi, Arin with Pinnacle here.

QP9W SPEAKERBAR is designed to be all three front channels of a Home theater system. In 1 cabinet, it includes front left/front right/ and center channle. This concept we invented in 2003 as a space saver. It would hook up to your audio 5.1 receiver representing front and center channels. It is quite excellent. Fromt there, we recommend a powered subwoofer and rear speakers to complete the home theater.

We also offer SOUNDBAR system FRONTROWSYS8210 which hooks directly to the TV abd has it’s own power supply. This is a SOUNDBAR (self powered SPEAKERBAR) and awireless powered subwoofer. This product is specifically designed to be a simple set up direct to the TV and significantly upgrade the sound from the TV. The subwoofer brings depth and dimension. This approach is also excellent for music listening. SYSTEM 8210 will mate to any smart phone/MP3 player if your msic or movie library is stored that way.

So, it depends on whether you want a full home theater system hooked to a receiver, kn which case QP9W is the right choice or a easy hook-up movie/music system and that is SYSTEM 8210.

I hope this clarified your questions.

We will write directly to you and work to trouble shoot the issue. Meantime, please make sure the subwoofer amplifer has at least 8-12" room around it to “BREATHE”

We think it would make a huge improvement. Especially in the bass department. This is what the product is designed to do.

Great, thank you!

Arin
Are these speakers wireless? if not do they come with wire

Hi and thank you for your question.

Our model FRONTROWSYSTEM 8210 has a wireless powered subwoofer and a SOUNDBAR, which hooks direct to the TV with a cable we provide. This system is highly recommended for an excellent music/movie sound system. Hook up is extremely easy and quick No audio receiver is needed.

Arin,
Are the Baby Boomers significantly better that the PS Sub 225s? To me, sub woofer size is not an issue and I am not concerned with shaking the walls.
Thanks!

Hey I want to know if the Baby Boomer sounds better. I have the PS225 now and I am thinking about upgrading. Is it worth the upgrade?

An update on my customer service experience (so far):

I purchased an 8210 soundbar with wireless sub a few sales ago. Overall, I was pleased with the sound (for my office use), certainly an improvement over what I was using before. Unfortunately, the system started acting weird shortly after use: sometimes, when raising or lowering volume, the sound cut out altogether (the display remained active and responsive to inputs), and sound could only be restored by shutting the system off and on repeatedly, or (more consistently) by unplugging the system and plugging it back in. Additionally, sometimes when switching sources, the whole thing froze up completely and could only be restored to responsiveness by unplugging and plugging back in.

I wrote to Pinnacle, and they said to mail in the remote and main power supply for warranty service. I wasn’t too happy with having to pay shipping to send in parts of a system less than a week old, but went ahead and did it. Then, a new sale came on here, and I posted a comment with my experience and expressing my doubt that the problems I was experiencing could be fixed by service of the remote/power supply.

To her credit, Arin prowled the forum and looked into things further, then emailed me with a prepaid return label so I could return the remaining parts of the system, indicating they would send out a whole new system. All very good, I had more confidence that the problem would be addressed, and I packed everything else up and shipped it back to Pinnacle that same day, and emailed back that I had done so.

Like your normal obsessive Wooter, I monitored the shipping status of my return shipment and noted its arrival at Pinnacle nearly a week later.

8 days passed, and I had heard nothing from Pinnacle, so today I emailed Arin again to ask the status. Shortly thereafter, I received notice from UPS that they were receiving a shipment for me. I assume it’s my new system.

Hopefully the new one works. Customer service wise, I’m pleased that Arin checks these forums and follows up. I’m not pleased that I had to pay shipping back for warranty service on some of the parts, nor am I pleased that they didn’t 1) cross ship my new system as soon as I emailed them and told them the defective one was on the way to them (or at least as soon as they could confirm on FedEx that it was on the way), or 2) ship my new system out as soon as they received my return, but instead took 8 days and a prompting from me to confirm they had received it and ship out the replacement.

I’ve been without my system now for about a month, not counting the week it will take the replacement to arrive. Hopefully the new one works.

I know, I know - first world problems.

I’m writing only 1) to express my satisfaction with the quality of sound of my system with subwoofer when working, and 2) to share my customer service experience (good and bad) with you to the extent it may be helpful.

We think the BABY BOOMER is the better subwoofer especially for Music.

Arin,

On the FRONT ROW SYS 8210.
What are the -3db roll-off frequencies on both the sub & the soundbar?
The reason I ask is this. I need to be sure there won’t be a “hole” in the respones range.

For example, if the 8210 is the same sondbar spec as your PBAR 6200, with it’s -6db roll-off at 125Hz I’d want to be sure the subwoofer doesn’t do a -6db roll-off at, say, 95 Hz, that would be an issue.

Hi,

The system 8210 does include the FRONTROWPBAR6200 SOUNDBAR except it has a chip in it to pair with the Wireless sub. I don not know the specific answer to your question, but I can tell you that the SOUNDBAR and Powered SUBWOOFER are specifically designed to work together and with each other as a set. Knowing our engineers as I do I am certain any “HOLE” is not there. The r/d department is beyond fanatical about their designs. That coupled with numerous highly critical consumers sending us raves about this product.

I hope this helps address your concern/question because I know we simply would not do something with an inherent design flaw like what you described.

ARIN

It’s complicated. The main reason i didn’t go with pinnacle in a prior woot is their misleading specifications and re-branding of the same speakers.

You have to understand a frequency response to -6dB is including frequencies playing at a QUARTER 1/4th of the volume on the low end of the frequency curve. Industry standard is to +/- 3dB which is ONE HALF more quiet on the low end. You’ll notice the -6dB’s.

The other thing that really irks me about them is how they present sensitivities in dB @ 1W / 0.5 Meters. This is also misleading, industry standard is dB @ 1W/ 1M. To make it easy subtract 6dB from any number reported at 0.5 meters (you lose or gain roughly 6dB by doubling or halving the distance) making the QP9W have a real sensitivity of 85, unless my math is really botched.

Why does this matter? So for a speaker with a sensitivity of 85 dB is going to require four times more (2x more for each 3dB) power to produce the same volume at a given distance then a speaker with a sensitivity of 91 dB. Just make sure your amp can power these speakers or you might find them more quiet then you like.

Honestly padding the frequency response is meh, they are 3 inch drivers, don’t expect any bass. But incorrectly reporting the sensitivity is borderline unforgivable as this can really matter for people with lower wattage receivers at longer listening distances.

To the poster to whom I replied to the drivers on the 6200 are only 1.75 inches, dont expect miracles, 125Hz is optimistic.

Hi and thank you for the comments. Over the years specification standards have begun to incorporate spec in -6db and or -3db. Yet specs alone cannot reveal sonic quality, for which we excel and have for decades.

Many of our peers among the most respected brands in the industry, now-a-days show the -6db specs and therefore we do as well, yet we provide both -3db and - 6db specs with many products. In the case of the FRONTROWSYS8210, both the SOUNDBAR AND Wireless subwoofer are self powered and produce significant volume if required.