Pinnacle Speakers

I would love to buy a Pinnacle Sound bar…but unfortunately all I get is spinning wheels. I can’t add anything to my cart:(

I am confident that Woot will work the order through for you. You know they are awesome with all customer support issues.

I’m sorry, we’re working on that right now.

WOOT WOOT – working now!

Arin, you missed this Q…

One question, How come the BD 500s do not say “Series II”?
(Are they series II, is the question…)

Series 1, but difference is not significant.

why doesn’t there seem to be any documentation, reviews or sellers aside from woot and pinnacle on the web?

Oh man I would love to be able to get the BD 2500’s for my mains!

Currently have BD 300 - center, BD 500 - side surrounds - and I forget the other one for Back surrounds (not BD100 - but they are Pinnacle), and have the TWR 1050 for mains, Baby Boomer sub for my 7.1 home theater. I love, love, love my setup, but I just know that the BD 2500’s would just crush it!

My credit cards are already hurting, not sure they can take anymore pain…

Need a new car…but isn’t home theater more important??

To whoever above me was asking about reviews, there aren’t a lot on the web, but I love these speakers, and this company, and the woot! deals prices! I think they’ve mostly been a vendor for companies that do home theater installs, so I think majority of their sales have been through that, and not a traditional (brick & mortar) or online store (amazon) that would have reviews.

Hello BOBDO,

You are correct. We have thousands of professional custom home theater dealers and do little direct to consumer sales. But, for those of you willing to make your own decision and hook up, these are really exceptionally good deals!

All I can add to your comments is the BD 2500 new 2014 edition is in another world of performance
all-together! Hence, FLAGSHIP and $8,000 MSRP price.

ARIN

I feel your pain. Oh well. I figure that the BD 500s for my surrounds are a good enough update for now but those BD 2500s are really calling me name.

what receiver are you using?

Yamaha v673

Arin you were supposed to convince me and tell me to throw my credit card balance caution to the wind!

About the BD 2500
I believe that you can probably produce a graph that shows a test tone coming out of the speaker at 30Hz. Test tones are not music. For $2800 a set of speakers should have zero compromises. I have heard all sorts of vented cabinet speaker designs, and they never sound as good as a sealed cabinet with large woofers. Sound waves that have been bounced around inside the cabinet and then come out of a hole (whether front or back) are not the same as sound waves produced by a speaker cone at the same frequency. Little 6.5 inch woofers with vents are a poor substitute for a pair of 12 inch woofers. Do a side by side comparison with real music. Of course, the little speakers are lighter, more efficient, and require a smaller box. But the sound is not equal.
Your $8000 flagship system should include 4 boxes, 2 amplifiers, and electronic crossovers. The BD2500 would be a good starting point for two of the boxes, without the vents. The other two boxes would be 12 inch subwoofers with integrated amps and electronic crossovers.

That should be a red flag, Pinnacle products aside, I NEVER buy anything (and that includes low priced items too) without consulting consumer reviews at places like Amazon, Home Depot, Best Buy, PC Magazine, CNET, etc.

You might try a search at the biggest and most respected AV site - http://www.avsforum.com/. Here’s the “official” Pinnacle thread.
Pinnacle Speakers ( Official Page ) | AVS Forum

You mean Pinnacle’s 1.75" woofers don’t really woof? :slight_smile:

Most in this forum don’t know AV. I see you do and you are correct on all points. I bi-amp fronts using front pre-amp outs from a Denon AVR to an electronic crossover, 24 db slope at 100 Hz, then 2 outboard amps drive two massive 15" subs, sealed cabinet (and front L/R).

Just wanting to add my 2 cents. I have the Pinnacle SFIT 1050 towers and the SFIT 350 center. I really like them a lot. I think they were a great buy (great mid-range, lower end is lacking a little but that is what a sub is for).

I am glad to see them offering their BD series here (particularly their towers but I could never pull the trigger on a speaker that expensive without testing it out first). I would really like to hear their BD500’s next to my Cambridge Audio S30s.

p53

You are being kind in your description of the SFIT 1050. They do have a very smooth and natural sounding mid and upper range. Lower end is lacking a lot, not a little. So much so that the lower range of male voices is affected. The only way to get really good sound from them is with subwoofers and custom equalization up to about 150 Hz. I ended up using mine as rear channel speakers, and they are perfect for that. If you have a 5.1 or 5.2 system, and play it loud the way I do, try turning the rears on and off, and see how much sound is coming from the rears. It’s a lot. So much so that you need to use good quality rear speakers and position them carefully. Cheap little boxes mounted on the wall are not adequate for the rear channels.

I have an 10L x 8W x 12H room that I plan to fill with (4) BD500 surrounds, (1) BD 300 as center, and (1) babyboomer as sub. I like a lot of oomph and clarity in my listening experience, any inputs on this setup? thanks!

Hi Arin(and everyone else),

I am considering putting together a basic 5.1 setup in my basement, so this is great timing! I was thinking of the BD 300 center channel speaker, 2 BD 500s as the front L/R, the baby boomer sub, and using the LCRs as the rear surrounds. I guess my only real questions is if using the LCRs as surrounds will work OK, or should I just buy 2 pairs of BD 500s. Any and all comments/suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Frank

Hi and thanks for the question. Without any hesitation at all, I can say the choice of 4 BD 500, matching BD 300 center and BABY BOOMER SUB is ideal. And especially in that pretty small room.

I am familiar with BD 500 and BABY BOOMER paired together and the combination is startling good. Particularly when enjoying music. BD 300 is matched to BD 500. So yes, this is an excellent combination.