Pinnacle Speakers

Pinnacle Speakers used to be made in the USA Plainview NY. Now they are made overseas in China. Not the same quality. I would never pay $1400 or even $999 for Pinnacle.

Here is the factory that makes them. They cost around $75-150 to make. Tremendous mark up. The best speakers they ever made was the Classic line AC400, AC500 and AC600. I wish they still made them.

http://www.hktdc.com/suppliers-products/Home-Theater-System/en/1X005PBM/941832/#

OH how a little information can be so dangerous in this “information age” This company is well known in the industry for making cheap knock offs of high quality respected brands. That is often what happens with success. We know who they are. These are not our speakers.

Pinnacle and Woot decided to work together and knock it out of the park. There are no customers who paid the higher price and did not receive a price protection back to the $999.99 cost. We will be pleased to send you an alert next time they appear

WAIT LIST ON FLAGSHIP BD 2500

Hi Woot Community. A good number of you have expressed interest in the very limited supply of BD 2500 and especially the WOOT EVENT price of $999.99/each for $8000 set of Flagship Speakers. We make these slowly, the finish of the cabinets requires 40 specific steps. Since we do not crank out hundreds or thousands of these we are starting a wait list of interested people in our FLAGSHIP model BD 2500.

We will send you a HEADS UP e-mail next time these go on WOOT.

Just please express your interest on the BD 2500 wait list on the forum or e-mail us @ info@pinnaclespeakers.com and we will be sure to send you a direct e-mail next time WOOT has BD 2500.

THANKS

ARIN

Anyone have any experience with the Front Row Sys 8210 - 350W 2.1-Channel Powered Soundbar & Dual Driver Wireless Subwoofer System? I’ve got a Home Theater in-a-box that is crapping out on me (the brand rhymes with “Hamlung”), and this one keeps popping up and tempting me. I’d like someone who has it to weigh in on their perceived pros and cons.

I would also be interested in the BD1100 (or similar) speakers on a future Woot offering.

Thank you.

We will keep track of this request. However, it is model BD 2500 that is available for WOOT events.

Okay, I am semi techy, but want to know…would this be like the BO** one we see on TV? Which is like $300+?

Which of our Pinnacle items are you specifically asking about? With that information I will do my best to answer.

Thanks

I too missed out on the lower price, I was grappling with myself at $1400.

Let us know how you like these! I have the TWR1050’s for my mains right now, and am really interested in the upgrade - Arin put me in for an email or notification when BD2500 comes back (hopefully at the $999ea price)

Understood. The BD2500 is way too much speaker for my room and setup.

Even though I’d like to keep my Black Diamond theme going, it looks like the S-FIT TWR 1050’s and BD1100 have somewhat similar specs. Is the performance of these two models comparable?

Thanks

Hi BOBDO,

Thank you and you have been added to the WAIT LIST on BD 2500.

ARIN

Comparable but to be specific in language, not equivalent. BD series has more refinements that are typically appreciated over longer listening periods or well trained ears. That is, BD 1100 in this case, and all BD models do not create what is known as “Listener fatique” You can listen for hours and hours of music or movies and have no need to stop. Kind of like living all day in very comfortable shoes. Also, BD series has an extremely elaborate Piano lacquer finish and the cabinets are like pieces of furniture.

SFITTWR 1050 in their own right are exceptional products and will pair well with the BD 500 and 300 you already own. At $299 here they are less expensive than most really good satelites or shelf speakers. So, the SFITTWR 1050 is excellent and quite a value. Having a subwoofer is recommended, but I am sure you do. Having said that,
BD is that much better. So you are in the stadium, but BD gives you front row seats.

Between
QP 9 Wood 9-Element Speaker Bar
and
Pinnacle Speaker Front Row PBAR 6200 175W Soundbar

Are there any bluetooth options?

Also, what are the RMS wattage of both these bars?

I’ll try to post a response on my impressions of them. Right now I have a 6.1 setup with the TWR1050’s as my mains with a BD300 center, BD500 surrounds, and SFIT 250 rear center surround with a Denon X4000 receiver. If I get them soon enough I’ll be able to post my initial impressions late next week, but if not it might be after the first of the year.

Hi and thanks for the question. They are very different products. I will address QP9W first.

THis is a high performance SPEAKERBAR, meaning it does not have an amplifier and will hook up to your receiver with traditional speaker wire. It’s big advantage is it has front left, front right and Center channle all built in. It is designed for a home theater set up. It does not put out any power. It can accept total of 450 watts peak, (150 per channel) and about 225 Watts RMS (75/channel). It is an outstandingly articulate, clear and accurate speakerbar.

Now, FRONTROWPBAR 6200 is a powered SOUNDBAR, meaning it has it’s own amplifier and does not need to hook to a receiver. It will hook directly to the TV. So set up is a snap. It has left and right, but not center channel. It is therefore designed as a nice upgrade over your TV sound. For full home theater you would need more speakers. FrontROW system 8210 includes a wireless powered subwoofer (highly recommended) as the subwoofer adds a big dimension in sound.

As to BLUETOTH, the FrontRow PBAR 6200 or FRONTROWSYSTEM 8210 can accpet hook up to smart phones, MP3 Players, laptop computers, desktop computers and tablets. But not with wireless bluetooth. a simple cable hook-up is necessary.

I hope this addresses your question,

Thanks

Thank you! Very helpful. Since I already have an amp, I think the choice is clear.

I would really enjoy hearing a quick assessment of the the TWR1050s you have since I would have a very similar setup if I bought them. I think I remember @bobdo mentioning in a previous offering that they were somewhat lacking on the low end…but that he did like them. There seems to be a common desire to upgrade around here and am curious about the motivation. Thanks!

I’m pretty sure that these are different from Bose speakers in that they of decent quality and sound good for the price.

This speaker…

Pinnacle Speaker Front Row PBAR 6200 175W Soundbar