Pioneer 5.1 Surround Sound System with HDMI Upconverting DVD Player

Noooo! Havn’t you heard, his credit is maxed out! :slight_smile:

Upconverting means that it will mildly improve the quality of your regular DVDs if you use the HDMI connection to your tv. It would not play Blu-Ray/HD-DVD.

I’ve got a sony upconverting and really don’t notice much of a difference.

Soo, looking at this on newegg’s site, there is an optical input.

Careful with this one. Only one optical in and a passive subwoofer.

If you get HD channels you will need an optical connection to enjoy 5.1 sound from those channels. Now this or next Christmas a loved or liked one may get you a Blu Ray player, or you get one on Black Friday or Boxing Day. To enjoy the 5.1 sound, you need an optical input, BUT you have NONE to spare. Make your choice, surround sound from HD channels or the Blu Ray player. Oh yah, that Blu Ray player will probably upconvert much better than this DVD player and you will want to play your SD DVDs on it to.

A solution would be to add a moderately priced reciever. But standalone receivers have outputs for active powered subwoofers and this HTIB has a passive sub. So plan on the expense of a subwoofer as well if you want to enjoy the full sound from all your HD sources.

Better to go to Onkyo online and buy a factory warranted refurb for around this price that will have all the inputs,

This is not surround sound. It is missing at least two speakers for that.

looks like that $80 blender didn’t move too well (big surprise)… and now a mid grade (at best) audio setup for nearly $300… its gunna move like a rock!

here is a good idea… try to move low dollar items or stupid awesome deals only… that would be better than barely moving product which we all know will bring the demise of this business model in a hurry. The woot purchasing vulchurs should be flying in circles over the many companies experiencing liquidity issues… and be able to bring us a $35 blender or this system at a $99 price point… but alas

thanks meng. I will prob be buying a blue ray player in the next few months. do you think this woot is worth wooting . it looks real cool but what are the chances of a blue ray surround sound woot combo? thans again for the info. What did the blonde customer say to the buxom waitress (reading her nametag)?
“‘Debbie’…that’s cute. What did you name t he other one ?”

Click on the pic to see all of the speakers. Unless you’re implying that it’s not really surround unless it’s 7.1.

yea. I like the cut of your gib

According to both of the pics, it is a 6.1 set, not 5.1. Whats up with that woot?

I completely disagree with you on this one. I thinkpart of the alure is that woot brings both low dollar items people can throw in their closet or gift away and also bring us quality products at a fair price that we can all use. I love Woot for exactly who they are.

¡¡¡ʇɐǝɹƃ sı o&q 'ǝuo sıɥʇ uo ssɐd

This isn’t even that great of a deal

agreed! woot, what about a rcvr for home audio systems?
pioneer please.
that would be boss.

That’s a big ditto from me. I would snap that up so quick I would be the second to woot.

I just ordered that (the Samsung ZT10), returning it coz it as crappy as this.
Wanted it for the multi function and get rid of most of my existing equipment.
Didnt realize the audio would be this bad, the USB Divx was even worse.

If guess if people are buying this then blueray really is dead. You can spend the same amount on a ps3 and get blueray + dvd up converting + game system.

too scared…because of the economy…and obama! maybe later, if things get better.

me too!!

Eight years of this administration and now you starting to get scared? You must have a high threshold for ineptitude…