Pioneer 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver

@zedster, thx, yah, converting the physical connection type isn’t the issue. Traditional high quality turntable cartridges have lower output, requiring either a dedicated phono input like higher end receivers or an external pre-amp to insert between the turntable and receiver and step up the signal power.

The link to the product page by Conan above has the [product sheet with a picture you can enlarge and the owner’s manual.]](http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/VSX-1023-K)

It is not only the level of the turntable signal, a phono preamp uses a standard RIAA EQ that adjusted for the audio recording pressed into the vinyl. RIAA equalization - Wikipedia

Can this unit work with 220 volt? Is it only rated 110 volt?

The Pioneer site states this:

Power Requirements: AC 120 V 60 Hz

Anyone know how this compares to the Yamaha RX V673? There really are not many reviews on the VSX 1023 online…

I think I answered my own question. This is not easy. It’s a setting that must be changed/chosen within the Home menu. So, while doable, sort of a pain to switch between 7.1 and zone 2 as not easily done from the front of the system. Looks like I’m waiting for a 9.1 or 9.2 receiver.