Pioneer 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver

**Item: **Pioneer 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver
Price: $299.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Pioneer 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver)

[Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en+%26tbm=shop+%26q=Pioneer 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
10/2/2013 - $329.99 - 20 comment(s)
9/4/2013 - $329.99 - 26 comment(s)
9/4/2013 - $329.99 - 26 comment(s)

Check out the product page
[youtube=hRzLjeIw3GE][/youtube]

I <3 this receiver. If I didn’t already own one, I’d buy it again.

I have the 1120-K from 3 years ago and love it.

OK reviews (3 out of 5 eggs) over at newegg.com

hmm. . . any idea if I can stream music from my Android if I DON’T have an HTC? This receiver doesn’t seem to have to bluetooth connectivity. I subscribe to google Play and I’d love to stream off my phone while at home.

Here is a little about the connectivity

"Smartphones have become a convenient and powerful way to stay connected to your favorite entertainment. Pioneer’s new networked receivers give instant access to your favorite content and control options through smartphones and tablets. The VSX-1023-K unleashes more music and video content in the living room and through the home, thanks to class-leading digital connectivity and flexible networking features.

The VSX-1023-K features the latest Made for iPhone® and iPad® certification, which includes the iPhone® 5 and the iPad Mini. Since this receiver is networked, it also supports Apple’s AirPlay wireless music streaming technology allowing you to wirelessly stream music from your iPhone, iPod® or iTunes®-running Mac® or PC directly to the receiver.

That is just half the story. Pioneer is the only receiver brand with HTC ConnectTM, the only unified approach for the AndroidTM platform for streaming music wirelessly from select compatible HTC smartphones. HTC Connect makes it easy to wireless stream your favorite music to your receiver, there is no need for a separate app, HTC Connect is built right into your phone’s music player."

I’ve got the 1021-K from 2 years ago and love mine as well! apple and Pioneer airPlay VERY well together :slight_smile: … my nexus 7 tablet airPlays well with it too!

http://www.woot.com/offers/pioneer-7-1-channel-a-v-receiver-with-airplay

almost 2 years to the day, still going strong! I initially had the 1021-k in a 14x17 media room and the power was amazing. I’ve since moved it into a 20x21 family room and while it doesn’t feel as powerful as it did in the smaller room, it still pumps out a lot of sound.

1. Root your phone
  2. Purchase AirAudio from the Play store and install.
  3. Use AirAudio to stream audio from your Android phone to the Pioneer receiver via AirPlay.

I am using AirAudio at home to stream music from an Android phone to the Klipsch AirPlay speakers that were sold on woot a week ago. Works like a charm.

I read a review that said zone 2 will only output analog sources, meaning no Pandora. Is that correct?

Can I hook up a turntable to this?

Or just get a male to male or male to split male L/R(depending on receiver) 3.5mm cable and plug it in.

Since when did people forget stuff that we’ve been doing with walkmans since the 80s?

Is this 110v only? Shipping to APO?

Since the 21st century rolled in and wireless connectivity came on the scene. You should try it sometime. It’s the bee’s knees.

I’ve have a Pioneer DVR/DVD/VHS player and it’s a piece of crap… It has now decide not to switch between the drives either with the remote or front panel. When my Sony ES receiver died I bought an Onkyo.

I bought one of these when they were on the Woot 2 years ago. No go right out of the box. no power. Returned it but, of course, none to replace it with. I was determined to own one so I shelled out retail at Best Buy. Worked great for over a year but now it has lost several functions. They just simply will not work. One is updating the firmware, another is the “receiver” button will not activate the unit so I can make adjustments. I’m stuck with it. No more Pioneers for me.

All that and ONE HDMI output.

This is a bit more at $465 but a lot better receiver:
YAMAHA RX-V773WABL 7-Channel AV Receiver with WiFi Adapter

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882115377

Don’t Buy! I bought this one on Woot and all HDMI ports were dead in slightly more than 12 months.