Pioneer 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver

**Item: **Pioneer 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver
Price: $299.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Pioneer 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver)

[Search Google](Google 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
11/6/2013 - $299.99 - 44 comment(s)
10/2/2013 - $329.99 - 20 comment(s)
9/4/2013 - $329.99 - 26 comment(s)
9/4/2013 - $329.99 - 26 comment(s)

11/15/2013 - $299.99 (Woot Plus)

Pioneer 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver
Price: $299.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Comparison Links:
[Google Products](Pioneer - Google Shopping 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver) - [Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Pioneer 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver) - [Previous Woot Sales](Google 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver)

Check out the product page
OK reviews (3 out of 5 eggs) over at newegg.com
[youtube=hRzLjeIw3GE][/youtube]

It says bluetooth port (adapter not included). Does this mean it is bluetooth capable but not bluetooth ready? It says it has airplay and android connectivity so I don’t understand why it would not be bluetooth ready? Or am I just confused?

I want something I can stream from my Ipod (Apple IOS) or Galaxy (Android), without having to plug it in.

Does anyone have more information?

Thanks

Here is a little about the connectivity

"Smartphones have become a convenient and powerful way to stay connected to your favorite entertainment. Pioneer’s new networked receivers give instant access to your favorite content and control options through smartphones and tablets. The VSX-1023-K unleashes more music and video content in the living room and through the home, thanks to class-leading digital connectivity and flexible networking features.

The VSX-1023-K features the latest Made for iPhone® and iPad® certification, which includes the iPhone® 5 and the iPad Mini. Since this receiver is networked, it also supports Apple’s AirPlay wireless music streaming technology allowing you to wirelessly stream music from your iPhone, iPod® or iTunes®-running Mac® or PC directly to the receiver.

That is just half the story. Pioneer is the only receiver brand with HTC ConnectTM, the only unified approach for the AndroidTM platform for streaming music wirelessly from select compatible HTC smartphones. HTC Connect makes it easy to wireless stream your favorite music to your receiver, there is no need for a separate app, HTC Connect is built right into your phone’s music player."

You can use Airplay to stream directly from your iOS devices. But for Android you’d have to use Bluetooth, which requires the adapter (which is inordinately expensive).

Pruchased this on the 11/6 Woot. Came with a defective HDMI video board. Pink tones only, wouldn’t scale for PS3 correctly. To Woot’s credit, they took return no problem. Tried calling Pioneer first, after over 15 minutes on hold, I gave up.

I have this setup in my garage and it’s very inconvenient to use if it’s not hooked up to a TV. I cannot adjust the Bass / Treble easily without a monitor. Airplay works well.

Thanks. That is exactly what I needed to know. They could be more clear about this since Android is as popular, if not more, than IOS. I have seen some with Bluetooth on here before, and I will wait for the next one. Thanks for saving me some frustration. Happy Thanksgiving.

p.s. I don’t have use an HTC device either. Strange that they made this brand specific (Apple and HTC) as opposed to bluetooth ready. A lot of people use Samsung because of the galaxies.

Owner’s Manual - http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Unassigned-Content/Manuals/VSX-1023-K+OPERATING+INSTRUCTIONS

So, what exactly are you going to listen to thats encoded in 7.1?

Is ANYTHING actually encoded in 7.1?

Lots of Bluray movies.

And Games

You do not need Bluetooth to stream to it. With AirPlay, HTC Connect and now Spotify you can stream to it if you are on the same network. This means that you need to plug it into your router using an ethernet cable and connect to that router’s wifi network and it should be visible from your device.

Thanks for giving more information. The Airplay would work with my Ipod, but my phone is a galaxy. I guess I could use Spotify but hard-wiring to my router would be logistically difficult. I might go for it but I might look around for something with both Airplay and Bluetooth for easiest connectivity.

Get a wireless bridge. I got mine from Woot years ago. Ask the Woot Santa for a deal.

No pre-outs, would be a great deal if it was the 1123…

I own the 1123 and it is a great receiver, The mother ship has it on special for $399 from time to time. The only features missing from this model that the 1123 has: video upscaling, 2 more hdmi inputs (8 vs. 6), a second zone with an HDMI output (the 1023 has a 2nd zone with an audio output) and this model won’t run the icontrolav2013 software (only the basic controlapp software). Definitely worth saving $100 if you can live without those extra features!

If only this were a Class D3 receiver, like the Pioneer SC-1222 and 1522…I’d grab it in a heartbeat.

Otherwise, $300 for this model is very so-so.