Pioneer 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver

Says you can bi-amp front L/R. I bi-amp using pre-outs on a Denon and am looking hard at this one as a replacement. Price is a steal. What’s up on the bi-amps? I looked at the back cabinet view in the manual and am stumped.

Most if not all late model (last 5 years) display devices have video upscaling.

7.1 and 7.2 have become the standard with all video releases supporting it.

I picked this up when offered at the beginning of Nov.
It has two undisclosed flaws that made me wish I’d passed on it:

1. you cannot customize the display names for the inputs. Eg, if you have both a PS3 and XBox 360, you can plug one into the obvious “Game” input, but the other goes into an unused input (eg, sat), and you just have to remember that. The older Sony ES that I had before this let you customize, so you could easily find the right input without having to remember.
  2. no non-HDCP inputs/outputs are supported. Period. If you have an older TV that has the early HDMI spec, or you thought you could use an HDMI-to-DVI adapter for output, you’re out of luck (see HDfury for an output workaround); that’s fairly understandable in today’s MPAA-driven paranoia. However, you also can’t use a DVI-to-HDMI converter on an older computer, not can use use one of the commonly-available A/D HDMI converters for old analog equipment unless that converter also does HDCP.

I’ve found & failed with several models, including the one from Monoprice; I’m still trying to find one with the right inputs (component video & toslink audio) that will do HDCP-encrypted output so I can get my DVD library to work.

Thanks for the link. I could not find inputs for ‘Phono’ (yes, I still listen to vinyl).

Does this unit accommodate turntables directly or would I need to get a pre-amp?

-Mel

the Panasonic Bluetooth adapter is pricey-but-you can use a “standard” USB Bluetooth adapter also . They can be had for around 25bucks…cheaper if you catch a deal ala newegg

I have a 1080p 120 hz tv can this receiver pass my signal thru the hdmi outlets

You’re flipping your terms. It’s Bluetooth ready. I imagine that you can control it over the network the same way that I can control my computer, chromecast, or PS3 over the network without bluetooth. Bluetooth is just a wirelsss networking protocol with short range and less bandwidth. LAN or IEEE 802.11 is better for sending music, anyway :slight_smile:

I have the 1021, it’s a good receiver, but prepare to be abandoned by Pioneer.

New remote apps don’t seem to include last year’s models, so you’ll be left in the cold as far as updates go.

The iControlAV2 app I have to use only displays right on the older iPhone 4(S), any screen of a different size and it’s jacked up.

No update coming the way it looks.

Oh yeah, and the bluetooth addon is ridiculously expensive.

edit: Yes, if you want this to play from your bluetooth devices, you need to purchase the adapter to plug into the port, which costs around a hundred bucks.

I have yet to find one of these that is user friendly. Sometimes too much technology is too much technology.

My Yamaha does hundreds of things and is so complex that after two years I only know about half of it.

I should have been more specific. The 1123 upscales video to 4K Ultra HD. Sorry, but not very many receivers built in the last 5 years do that.

Does woot still charge a single $5 shipping for all orders placed in a day even if placed separately? I’ve already placed two orders today and was charged for shipping twice. If they will fix it, I’d like to place a third order.

We just got this last week from Woot and am having the same problem. Emailed woot to see how to do a return. Anyone ever had to return something?

Wonder if this will work for all the PS3 owners. There’s a review on Amazon that says…
Ps3: if you route your ps3 through this you will notice that bluray movies take a decidedly pink hue. You will have to go into your ps3 hdmi output settings for BD and set it to RBG, this will fix the issue.

Equipped with Adjustable A/V sync delay?

It gives us a pink hue for all devies- Cable Box, PS3, Wii, & Media Computer. So we need to return it. Trying to see if they will have anymore since they are seeming to have this item every week… but gotta return it if they dont. But see that it costs the buyer to send back defective item… yikes

PLEASE HELP! ANY IDEA ON WHERE I CAN BUY THIS BC II TRIED TO BUY AND IT’S SOLD OUT

Our daily sales last only 24 hours. You can watch for it to sell another day. Also keep an eye on our Plus sales.

There’s a link in my signature to a list of All Plus Sales. It’s updated daily by around 9:30am CT.