Pioneer Audio Equipment

Does anyone own or has had experience with the HTZ-BD81HF? I’ve been intrigued by it for use in our bedroom for awhile now. However, I’ve been unable to find any reviews for it online.

Do the 6.5" and 8.5" speakers come in pairs? If they don’t come in pairs, why is the limit 3? You would either need 2 or 4 depending on your surround sound configuration.

You make an interesting point.
To the best of my knowledge, it appears that each of those sales is for a single speaker only.

Can you confirm? Any speaker I have purchased like this in the past came in pairs. I want to purchase these and would like to make sure I get what I want. Thanks.

Just confirmed, they are singles.

Not only does it appear to be a single speaker (which makes sense for an LCR (Left, Center, Right) speaker since you end up using an odd number, but it also appears to be expensive.
http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Elite-S-IC871A-In-Ceiling-Speaker/dp/B004Y6D72Y

Compare the shipping weight on Amazon (14lbs versus < 7lbs) and the pair on Amazon is $199 with free shipping!

Lucy, you got some ‘splainin’ to do…

If you read the customer question, you’ll see that it is for a single speaker as well.

So…If I were to buy a center channel speaker and a 6.5" for left and a 6.5" for right I would have an odd number of 6.5" speakers? Center channels and subwoofers should be sold in singles and any of the surround speakers should be sold in pairs.