Pioneer HD 1080p Blu-Ray Disc Player

No dice. It won’t play my single-disk, extremely long-play, comprehensive MP3 audio anthology of America’s Heavy Metal Rock Bands of the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s.

'ello? Anybody want to help the N00b?

No it will not stream with netflix. You’ll have to buy a more expensive player to get that. I know LG and Samsung have players that will do this.

needed one, got one. driver was that if fit in my 16 inch cabinet

I was looking at the BD60 and I found that many people are claiming that it freezes up for 5-10 seconds while watching movies. It doesn’t happen on a regular basis but still… Some blame the blu ray disc, some blame the player. Who knows which is right.

I didn’t know I was already rich! Check out the great deal on CowBoom (side deal)

Gateway K6-366 Desktop 366MHz 64MB *No Hard Drive CD $418.99

that’s right! a used, 0.366GHz with 0.064GB of ram and no hard drive or cd drive for the give-away price of $418.99

They really still bother with composite out on these? Why?

The market of people with no digital inputs is probably staggeringly low. I know that the people with older analog HDTVs would need them to set the component settings but they should seriously not even bother.

I think that the reason people don’t see this for themselves is because the misuse is so prevalent. Like other common grammatical errors such as the it’s/its confusion, vocabulary gaps like believing “chagrin” means “disappointment,” lay misuse of science/tech argot like using “quantum leap” to refer to something large – and also the incorrect use of apostrophes to indicate plurality in acronyms (as in the phrase “I can use any of three PC’s right now”) – the ubiquity of the misuse is a positive-feedback snowball effect to popular acceptance.

And of course there’s always the fact that nobody bothers to stop and think about what they’re saying.

I noticed some of the same comments on amazon.com Mabey it would be wise to steer clear. That’s very surprising considering Panasonic makes high quality products.

Personally I bought an Insignia blu-ray player last November. It has worked flawlessly. It doesn’t have any bells or whistles, but it plays everything I throw at it without a hitch. I prefer simple machines like my Insignia, no updates are ever needed.

Sometimes I think the more bells and whistles they add to these machines the more problems it creates. I’m looking for a second player. If I can’t find the same Insignia model I have now, I’ll probably go with an LG brand.

Supposedly LG makes the Insignia models for “Best Buy”

Pioneer made quality audio products in the 70’s.I can not say the same of the junk they crank out now.My last Pioneer puchase was in
2001.I now avoid that brand name like the plague.

Wow ! That’s really — “Y A W N N !”
interestiz z zzzzzz z zzz zzzzzz…

Is this better quality than the PS3 blueray player? Or any difference?

Will this upconvert VHS?

VHS? In this day in age??? Really lady?

Michael Moore is not against people and companies making money, he’s against people making money at all costs. He’d be a hypocrite if he was harming or allowing harm to befall someone in order to make his money.

I still use VHS for backups. Like DVD and BR, VHS can handle digital information and data recovery. Unlike DVD and BR, VHS tapes are more resilient to damage. Granted you have to modify your VCR to compress and store digital data but that’s really not very difficult.

It’s kinda like analog vs digital. Digital has the quality advantage due to error correction for strong signals. Analog has the advantage with weaker signals. In other words, when a digital signal gets to low it blinks out, but if an analog signal gets weak the quality degrades but your brain compensates allowing the message to be intelligible. (Yes there are other advantages and disadvantages but that’s not my point)

If you have a 1080i TV, that means you have a CRT TV, since only CRT TVs interlace the picture.

If you have an LCD TV, its 720p, and capable of accepting a 1080i signal, but it’s not really putting out a 1080i picture. It downconverts any 1080 signal to 720p. Look at the native resolution. If it’s not 1920xsomething, it’s not 1080 anything.

If you have a CRT that really has a 1080i picture, the question is whether it’s capable of accepting a 1080p signal at all. Most likely, you will have a 720i picture, since older HDTVs couldn’t handle a 1080p signal.

As for the picture quality, if the screen is under 40" diagonal, you won’t notice the difference between 1080i and 720i on most content, and if your TV is capable of accepting a 1080p signal, you won’t notice the difference between 1080p and 1080i at all, since it will always be 1080i.

It doesn’t play VHS, so the answer is no. It’s not a standalone upconverter. It’s a Blu-ray player that upconverts DVDs. That’s it.

It won’t upconvert 8mm or 16mm or slides, either.

1080i and 1080p are the same resolution, 1920x1080. The only difference is that the 1080i picture is interlaced.

BTW, LCDs always de-interlace the signal before displaying the picture. Only CRTs interlace pictures.