Pioneer Progressive Scan DVD Recorder

Now I’m confused…

Isn’t the whole purpose of this to record? If it doesn’t record VHS to DVD, it’s just a glorified Tivo. I could swear the description says it records VHS to DVD, if not then I’ll pass.

This will record VHS to DVD. Or anything else you may want to put into it.

Told wife I want one.
but our funds are very low.
Our Tivo still rulez!

Bought one anyway
I will pay … when she wakes up.
“Why Do we need this?!?!”

Awesome. Since I am RMA’ing the LG piece of CRAP thanks to ole’ Woot… I am buying this one as a replacement. Something tells me the woot higher ups are trying to make it up to us - even though the LG massacre was not their fault.

Solid review at epinions

More pics at overstock

Thanks woot.

Oh soo sschweett! Does it do dual layer?

Nice description woot.
I’d buy this unfortunetly it’s too hi-priced for me.
You guys honestly need to release a bag of crap more often.

Oh, yeah, man. I hear ya. I think they’re plugged into my family frequency walkie-talkies too, ya know? And the voices in my head are gettin’ meaner ever since I stopped sleeping and stay up for Woot and now I can taste metal…

Isn’t the overstock.com one a refurb too? (Bottom of the page)

TB

WRONG

Uh, then why does it say “REFURBISHED PRODUCT” at Overstock???

Duh (banging head on desk)

A Beverage of Choice, or Bag of Crap is the holy grail of all woots. We break the servers trying to get an order (or 3) through. When the woot warehouse is full, instead of calling a company to clean the tank (septic), Woot sells each piece (of crap), to us for $1 a piece (+5 $ shipping). You may be crapped upon by Woot for a price of $3 (+5 $), for a total of $8. This is the “Beverage of Choice.”

HMDI? I thought not!

Very nice, good price, even for a referb… But not tonight Honey, I got a headache…

To:
WOOT! powers-that-be

Isn’t it about time to start charging people (and I use that term loosely) that spam the boards (for example xiphias) for DoS (Denial of Service) attacks. Recently it takes minutes to load a page from woot.com. And since I’m on a broadband system, that’s VERY bad.
These ingrates aren’t possible customers. They just make it hard for those who are.

DECSS

David Peters is gay.

You could input from your current vcr to the dvd recorder and record your dvd’s.

just like when you want to make a copy of a vhs you have to run cables out of one vcr and into the other.

Refurbished = Better than new. Think about it… Someone bought it NEW and it Broke. Then it was Refurbished and not Broke anymore. So it was better than when it was new.

Actually, the product descsription says it’s refurbished on Overstock.com.

Good Price Woot!

If you connect your VHS deck to this unit, you can copy those old tapes over (assuming there is no macrovision issues). Also, if you do happen to own a TiVo, this is what you would use to archive the programs you’ve recorded.

now DVD to DVD - naaaa. Won’t work out of the box.