Pioneer VSX-LX303 9.2-Ch 4K A/V Receiver

Pioneer VSX-LX303 9.2-Ch 4K A/V Receiver

YMMV but, I have an older version and it’s important to note that the multi-zones are nearly useless. It can only output analog sources, it has no ability to decode digital signals and output to zone 2. Even if your main zone and multi zone output are selected the same. So essentially you can use FM radio, possibly add a bluetooth receiver directly to an analog input. However, for my use case (speakers in the kitchen) this was a real negative about the receiver. This version may or may not have that same issue, I’d check the manual.

Your comment caught my eye! First it is not very helpful to express your displeasure about a past purchase of a different model receiver. Second, that is how Zone 2 works for most receivers. If you wanted to multi-source HDMI especially, then you would have needed a 2000 or 3000 series Yamaha which are $1600 and $2000 respectively. They are the only ones with multiple decoders. The bottom line is that if your budget $339 then this is a great deal. BTW it will send the Bluetooth, USB Front, and USB Back inputs as well as Airplay and Spotify to Zone 2 and 3. Here is a link to the manual if you have any other questions:

https://www.pioneer-audiovisual.eu/sites/default/files/manuals/AV-Receiver/VSX-LX303/VSX-LX303_EN_DE_FR_ES_IT_NL_SV.pdf

1 Like

If only it had HD radio (specifically for FM radio). But it does not, so I’m out.

There aren’t a lot of those for the home, I spent some time looking for one for the MIL.

You could also get a car unit and use a 12V laptop adapter to pipe it into the AVR I guess.