Planar PR6020 Mobile High Bright DLP Projector

Froogle

Seems like a pretty decent woot. $1k+ elsewhere…

1024 x 768? Is this a 4:3 pan-scan? I can’t remember the last time i saw a non-widescreen projector. Pass!

figures… projectors are just too costly.

nice projector and roughly $300 off the price, but i dont have $900 to spend

This isn’t a very good choice for a home theater projector…

“Input Sources: Computer analog (VESA), video (S-Video 4 pin mini DIN and composite RCA), USB (Type A to B)”

Lucky your aight. While drinking with an Irishman and saying " Patty’s night" Usually equals a sore wakeup. Patricks rarely like to be called Patty :slight_smile:

Whats the USB for?

ah , i ALWAYS stay away from small light projectors you are paying for an inferior projector at extreme cost just cause its small, so unless you plan on brining it to meetings, dont waste your money on a small one

From what I can tell this isn’t a home theater projector.

This is a businessman’s presentation projector.

And for what it is, it’s a damn good price.

New vs. Refurb

Other than that…both have 90 day warranty on bulb and the bulbs on the Cine-go, which I’d like to note is sitting 3 feet away from me right now, are half the price.

you can only use 576 lines of resolution when you display at 16:9

In this day and age, this thing has a MANUAL FOCUS?!?!?!?!

Link to replacement lamps:

Remote, or pointer system on most projectors. Some accecpt usb sound and/or comp using usb.

You’re right on…not to mention the replacement cost of the lamp.

From Tiger Direct!!!

Planar PR6020 2000 Lumens XGA 1024 x 768 2.8Lbs DLP Projector

Price: $1269.99

Availability: In Stock

What a w00t!!! Everyone who was screaming for better resolution, than the InFocus IN72 Home Entertainment DLP Projector that sold here for $599… What are you waiting for???

Compared to the InFocus IN72 Woot has offered before, this projector has better warranty coverage, better native resolution. However, notice that this projector won’t even simulate a 1080p HDTV signal, whereas the IN72 does but at a lower native res. and less lumens.

Ok remind me again, why do I need a projector? Is it in case I open a movie theater in my house?

i’ve yet to see a projector have picture as good as a plasma…just my opinion…

When we all start spending mega bux on crap that we don’t need, that means that life is good again. I’m praying that the last six years of my life have been a cosmic Groundhog Day, and I’m going to wake up and find out that Bill Clinton is still in office and I still have a good paying job and money in the bank. And three projectors that I don’t even need have been charged to my AMEX bill, just for the hell of it.