Please Hire New People To Choose Daily DEALS?

Before Amazon bought Woot the ‘deals’ were more interesting, exciting and fun. I also bought a lot more. Now, it’s like there’s some guy (no women!) who picks out crap he’d love to find in his garage, or work shed. Male sports stuff. Tools. Men’s underwear. Good grief!

The Tshirts are a total meh. I never even look at them.

Please bring in some females to liven up the Deals!! Or bring in monkeys. Do something to change it up!

Thank you.

1 Like

If you don’t look at the t-shirts how do you know they’re meh?

It’s unreasonable to fire people because you don’t want garage stuff. I’m female and I love buying “garage stuff” from Woot.

If your gender stereotyping isn’t a good fit for Woot, maybe it’s not Woot. Maybe it’s you.

Perhaps it’s time for you to move along Felicia. Don’t forget to buy the souvenir t-shirt.

https://shirt.woot.com/offers/i-miss-the-old-woot

2 Likes

I vote for Dr Zira. Both woman and ape!

5 Likes

Actually laughing real hard since just yesterday the French coffee press literally came across my girly looking phone just when my feminine daughter said she broke my glass carafe on my existing press.
She’s menstruating and I’m going through menopause. And no men were hurt in the incident. Or even blamed.

Total estrogen fest all around if you want to gender stereotype for some weird reason.

But in short…

Hey, hi, it’s 2021, what the hell are you even talking about?

1 Like

Sexist much? Actually, I would say our buyers are 2:1 women to men. Rough guess.

We get what we can find and think will sell. Finding is still a bit difficult because there’s still shortages in inventory from when everything was shut down.

What would you like to see?

3 Likes

I’m a woman. I buy things on Woot, including shirts. Am I doing this wrong?

Seriously, though, gender assumptions don’t mean much in practice. What you want to buy and what I want to buy could be two entirely different things. I would chalk that up to us being two different people with different interests and needs, regardless of gender.

2 Likes

Oh, but that would be just too sexy!

1 Like

Maybe a “work shed” is a bordello? The giant unicorn sprinkler Woot has for sale could go in there.

1 Like

Uhh… there are no women on the Internet.

3 Likes

@Williamdavi is a teenage girl.

5 Likes

No, they have oily skin.

2 Likes

Yeah, @Froodyfrog tries to tell me that periodically but I have good evidence he’s wrong.

2 Likes

He still needs to use the lotion though.

1 Like

GOOD DEALS!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 Like

No you

2 Likes

Oh, the are out there… You just need to make a really sexist remark and they will find you. To them, it’s like the sound of an injured rabbit to a coyote.

1 Like

That’s got a beat you can dance to…

80s dancing GIF

1 Like

@phillybelle
I’m female last time I looked. Kids, grandkids. I knit, cook, and pursuits sometimes more ascribed to women than men. But also do home repair/remodeling and made my living in computer stuff.

I’ve been VERY happy with many of the WOOT! deals. For years.

And I can shameless bribe daughter-in-law to come visit me by the offer of letting her pick through the latest BOC.

And I just sent a couple boxes to granddaughters in other cities containing quite a few BOC items and some other stuff. They loved everything.

Yeah, my son and grandsons like things I get from Woot! also, but right now I’m addressing how females in my family react.

Everybody has a right to their own opinion, but … please don’t speak for me.

2 Likes

YES!!

BRING IN THE FEMALES!

3 Likes