Plenio 4.3” Widescreen Portable GPS with DIVX Player

Go with Garmin you cant go wrong.

cant get much more gps for this price
shipping is pretty sweet

do the words “lighten up” mean anything to you?

Anybody know whether this GPS unit is unlockable? That seems like the only way it would be usable, that software that comes on it looks awful as sin, and doesn’t have map updates. If you could slap, say… iGO8 on it, then it would be much better.

Is it possible for me to request a refund?? I just bought 2!! arrgggghhhhh… would be smarter to read the reviews before purchasing (future note)

Updated product pic for all you DIVX junkies

Looks cheap to me…

Ive had the best luck with Garmins anyway!

Not looking to start a way between the camps but gotta ask cause I REALLY need a GPS/MAP system.

Is Garmin better than TomTom? If so, why? Or is it just personal preference?

Thanks.

do the words “this is not a laughing matter” mean anything to you?

Yeah, seriously why can’t you guys stop joking about this. I take my forum commenting very seriously. If someone says something on the internet then it must be going on and that is just not right sometimes.

BTW was there a verdict on the hackability of this. Could turn out to be a sweet peice of hardware (think home theater remote, portable media player)

Sweet response PFshy. I got it. Who are you again…??? What did you say your name was…???

To the person who was trying to choose between Garmin and TomTom:

This year I purchased both Garmin and TomTom and ended up keeping the TomTom. Directions-wise Garmin is a tad better. Most people choose Garmins for ease of use (my technology-challenged dad loves his). I prefer TomTom for its more powerful interface and more route control features. Speaking of TomTom, check out today’s deal at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27 . You get a great GPS for $10 more that this woot. Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

thank you!
:smiley:

People with really big fingers have an easier time using the touch screen with the wider models.

Another advantage of a wider screen is you see your current street/road name and the next turn easier as it’s usually a text somewhere alng the edge of the screen. The bigger the screen the bigger the text and it’s easier to see it while driving. Also you see more poi’s on a bigger screen.

Good riddance.

Meh…I laughed. So clearly you are wrong and your entire point is invalidated. It IS a laughing matter.

not even 2 pages of commetns… jees, where are the people!?