Pliers & Wrenches

Took me time to find this, so I will leave it here to help someone out:

BOSTITCH BTMT72268 8-Piece Ratcheting Wrench Set- Metric: 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 13mm, 14mm, 16mm, 17mm, 19mm

BOSTITCH BTMT72269 8-Piece Ratcheting Wrench Set- SAE: 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4

Thank you FriedRiceBob, I was about to start looking myself. Did you decide to go with them??

Not at this time. I have another metric set (gearwrench) that skips some numbers too, but similar ones are missed here.

I have this set. They good. You buy, you like.

Seriously, they’re a quality set, my only complaint is the switch for the ratchet is easy to bump and you’ll suddenly go from loosey to tighty.

Guess I should specify I’m talking about the GearWrench Ratcheting Wrench Sets.

GearWrench makes two different types of ratcheting wrenches, one type has the reversing lever, but this type is a one way ratchet. To switch from loosen to tighten you must flip the wrench over. These wrenches do not have an offset on the box end, and it is possible to loosen a bolt out to another surface and get your wrench stuck with no way of getting if off without cutting the bolt or the wrench.

That said, they are good wrenches. I use both types daily for work, and the ratcheting mechanisms are smooth and as strong as any other ratcheting wrench. No one will be disappointed with these wrenches. Just keep in mind it is possible to get then stuck!

Knipex makes great tools as well! Their alligator pump pliers are very useful and tend to grab bolts better than a standard channel lock, especially if the bolt is rounded.

Knipex makes really good tools. Several guys at work only use these channel locks. for the money if you are in the market for their tools i am confident you will be happy.