Poco Dolce Chocolate

So no one as any thing good or bad to say about these products? Enough said, no one is buying them.

My husband got me the gift basket from an earlier sale. The olive oil bar was disgusting (pretty much exactly what you’d expect chocolate mixed with olive oil to taste like) but everything else was really good. I was a big fan of the burnt caramel tiles, but all of the tiles were quite tasty.

By my math and from what I could make out from the wrappers, the chocolate bars work out to be something like $45/lbs.

None of the other offerings have any weights which is odd for a food offering.

Either way a bit pricey for me.

I agree , why do they state number of pieces but no weight?

I also got the gift basket from my husband and thought some of the included items weren’t particularly special. I did like the tiles a LOT however (particularly the ginger and chili pepper ones). However, one of the boxes of tiles I got last time we purchased these (I believe my husband ordered directly from the vendor) didn’t have the correct flavors. It only 2 flavors instead of 4 listed on the box so I’m not totally certain about the company’s quality control practices. All that being said, I just bought two boxes of the tiles, and will keep my fingers crossed that I get the right amount of the ones I like. Overall, I’d say the tiles are worth the splurge if you like uniquely flavored high quality chocolates, but skip the gift basket.

These look good…I just don’t care for going through a “middleman”…I ordered the Balsamic when it came up on Jan. 15, and my “expected delivery date” is Feb. 2…prefer not to wait nearly three weeks for an order, thank you…

Then learn to read or don’t buy through wine.woot.

From the FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it’s still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

This also applied to non-wine vendors on wine.woot

Thanks, Northie…

I’m so glad your reply didn’t come off as the typical arrogant, know-it-all…

What do I know, I’m just the “middleman”.

The qualty control on these is third world. Several in each box had no chocolate on the bottom. The caramel was just stuck directly to the paper. I guess they figure if I’m dumb enough to pay $1.50 per chocolate I probably won’t notice.